009.

Lakeith ensconces himself by an apprehensive Evelyn as she looks around the high class steakhouse. The place they were in was the kind where people had to book reservations at least one month in advance to even possess the chance to have reservations. Surprising for a steakhouse but it wasn't impossible..

Of course, she and Lakeith's family didn't set reservations due to it only being a few days after the proposal her parents gave her. In lieu, Evelyn's parents managed to make arrangements for the particular place since they were in the city of Lakeith's family. Louisville..

Evelyn's people weren't too fond of the idea of going all the way over to see them when his family could've easily came to Evelyn and her family. Though Evelyn was adamant they flew to see him because he was nice enough to travel for her. She didn't want him to pay again. She wanted their dealings with each other to be a two-way street.

So, they had no choice but to travel. After all, they were the ones who wanted to do all of this to begin with..

Evelyn was more than nervous, though she was more annoyed because they were in a public place when she would much rather be at his family's home. But, her parents were so high maintenance that they believe they were too good to stay where his parents resided. She would never tell him such a thing though. Lakeith didn't need to know how uppity her creators were.

As of now the pair were by themselves. When Evelyn and her parents landed, Evelyn ran straight to Lakeith. Nearly like in the movies.

Of course Angelica and Jamie had an ear full to say regarding that but, she could care less. She didn't really see a reason to remain with her parents the whole day when everyone was going to see each other later anyway. There was no point in waiting for them. They wanted time to themselves.

Everyone could take as long as they wanted to as well because they were enjoying each other's company without their families. However, he could still see the nervousness plastered across her cute as a button face.."I never had the chance to ask you this, but you really wanna do this? Because we can leave now if you're feeling unsure..."

"What would be the point in that? We're already here. Plus... I'm okay." She partially lies, as she fiddles with her fingers before her phone goes off in her comfortable jeans.

Lakeith surveys her face and he could tell she was lying, though he didn't want to accidentally step over any boundaries regarding her family so, he remains in silence.

Subsequently, she texts Marlena who unfortunately couldn't come due to her hectic and demanding schedule.

While conversing with her big sister, she feels his arms slowly reel her in. Making her back come in contact with his broad chest. "Who you talking to?" He questions, placing his chin in the crook of her neck.

"Umm, mind yours.." She playfully replies, cheekily smiling.

"You getting smart with me?" He jokes, placing his hands on her sides as she cackles at the ticklish feeling..

Evelyn then pleads for him to turn her loose before they both notice all of their family members walk through the door. With each step they took, all the reasons to suddenly not go through with this came rushing to her mind.

"You good?" He asks.

She nods. He smiles at her and leaves a lingering kiss on her cheek, interlocking their hands with one another's. As they stand to greet everyone, they surprisingly behave cordially. Only for the simple greetings of course. Thankfully since Evelyn already knew Victoria and Tammy their heartwarming greetings eased her nerves also..