011.

She closes the door behind him and wraps her arms around his waist in sincerity. Looking up at his tall frame with her puppy eyes. 

Lakeith loves her touch so much. So much that he knows it was only going to make him forget the reason he even came. So he removes her hands and takes a step back from her...

Evelyn smacks her teeth, chuckling.. "Come on, why you acting so stank ? "

"And why haven't you been answering my calls?" He questions, ignoring her self explanatory question.

She sighs, "Well, trust me when I say this... I don't want this sounding cliché, but it wasn't you, it was me. I felt really embarrassed by my parents behavior so instead of telling you how I really felt, I- I ignored you."

"What ?" He furiously questions.

"It wasn't only you. I ignored everybody who was calling and texting me. Come on, give me a break. I meant you no harm. Truly."

"Okay break it down to me like I' am a baby because what you're saying ain't making no damn sense. I can understand that your feelings were all over the place. But instead of coming to me for comfort you ignore me? Tell me something worth my time Evelyn cause you pissing me off." He replies.

"Look at how you're speaking to me now. That's exactly the reason why and that's all I can really tell you..."

"Come on Evelyn, you really think I like talking to you like this? I'm only speaking to you like this because you fucked me up. Not because of anything else so give me the real reason. You only making it harder for yourself by stalling mama."

"What more do you want me to say? I already told you everything besides one thing."

"What's the one thing?"

"Well I would never ask you to change who you are for me, but.. you're really bland. Almost like a stick in the mud when I talk to you. It's hard to tell if you would really care about the things going on around me or not. You kind of scare me. So I guess you can say it was the real reason as to why I was reluctant."

Lakeith was never one to care for too much and he wasn't the type to fuel with happiness or empathy when someone told him something. He was sort out of touch when it came down to feelings.

Not purposely though, it was only how he was as a man. And something he was really used to being like. Though if it was bothering Evelyn, he knew he had to change this for her.

Lakeith wanted her comfortable. Otherwise, the relationship they were striving for would never feel real to either one of them. A woman wasn't supposed to be scared of a man and vice versa.

"I apologize for making you feel as if you couldn't come to me in your distress. You know I care for you though Evelyn and would never try to put you in an uncomfortable position, so that alone should've gave you enough knowledge to tell me all of your feelings earlier. You have to communicate with me or we're always gonna end up with the short end of the stick. I want us to work and if we don't work out, I don't want a lack of communication being the reason."

Evelyn crosses her arms and gives him a crooked look, "Hm.. so if we were to break up, how would you want it to end?"

"Don't speak that into existence before we even get started." Lakeith snaps.