Chapter 12

Clary POV

We ended up going to the Arizona Institute. I knocked on the door and a girl that was our age answered.

"Hi..." she said.

"Hi. I'm Clarissa Fairchild and this is my parabatai Emerson Redfurn. We were wondering if we could stay here for a while?"

"Yeah.Come in and meet everyone."

We walked into the Institute. It was beautiful.

"I have three older siblings and two younger. The oldest is Andrew.Then Trey. Then my older sister, Tiffany. Then me. I'm Alexandria but everyone calls me Alex. My little brother is Austin. My little sister's name is Tristy. My dad's name is Anthony and my mom's name is Taylor. We are the Darkcollar's."

"That's a very big family." Emerson said.

"Yeah. I'm going to show you guys your rooms and get everyone in the library. Just come down when you're ready."

"Okay." We said.

                IN THE LIBRARY

"So you must be Clarissa and Emerson." Taylor said.

"Yes. You can call me Clary. That's what everyone knows me as."

There was an intake of breath.

"You're the Clary Fray?"Anthony asked.

"Yeah."

"What are you doing all the way in Arizona?Didn't you come from the New York Institute?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah we did."

"Do you want me to call....." Taylor's words were lost in me yelling, "No!Please don't!"

"Clarissa dear, I bet your mother is worries sick about you." Taylor said.

"She should understand."

"Clary. You should tell them." Emerson said.

"I couldn't stay there anymore."

"Why not?" Anthony asked.

"Jace cheated on me for the second time. I left the first time and that's how I met Emerson. I got back together with him because he promised me he would never break my heart again. I was just starting to trust him and I find him with another girl. "I say. Then I run to my room. I didn't want them to see me cry over a boy. I was Clarissa Adele Fairchild. I'm not suppose to cry over guys.

'I loved  him'.

But he never loved me.

Jace POV

I'm now going to die. Alec and Izzy are probably looking for me right now. I know she left notes. I've gotten texts from both of them.

            BACK AT INSTITUTE

"Really?" Izzy yelled.

"Isabelle please stop..." Then I saw the ring on her finger.

"You're getting married?"

"Yeah."

I didn't say anything. No wonder she's so mad.

"Izzy, I'm sorr......."

"Jace, just stop. You've already ruined this family enough."