Chapter 8

Debris started falling from the sky all of a sudden. Sanji asks, "Is this rain?"
"Sky is clear, can't be," I say. Then in unison, Sanji and I say, "Oh it's a..." Everyone grew shocked at the sight. A whole ship was falling. We scramble over the deck, trying to avoid being capsized. Well most of us. I took off my heel and threw it at Usopp. He asks, "What was that... AHH!" He started screaming as a skeleton landed on him. I say, "Serves you right, lying coward." I continue to run around to help avoid the falling ship. Sanji says, "Here's your shoe back, Airi dearest."
"Thank you, Sanji." I put my shoe back on. His eyes turn to hearts. I say, "If you slack like Usopp, you'll get the other heel, Sanji."
"Yes ma'am!"
We were safe from the falling ship. Nami screams catching everyone's attention. She says, "The log pose is broken."
"Not quite, the log pose tracks an island's magnetic field, if it's pointing up, that must mean," Robin explains looking up at the sky. My eyes widen as a distant memory flashed across my mind. Luffy, Usopp, Chopper, and I started dancing. Zoro asks, "Why are you excited?"
"Guys, there isn't a guarantee that sky island exists." The four of us turn to Nami with very depressed faces. As though she ruined a lifetime dream. Which in my case, she is. She waves her hands and says, "No, it totally exists, but Luffy," She and Luffy start arguing. I tune them out and focus on the cloud-filled sky. I ask, "Do you think sky islanders walk on clouds?"
"Do you think sky island is habited?" Chopper asks looking up at me. I shrug as I say, "Who knows?" Robin then starts to put the skull together. I then realized something as Chopper and Robin started talking about a hole being a medical procedure. Luffy and Usopp were gone. I look over to the sinking ship that was falling over us moments ago. That is where I found them. Usopp is with him so he should be fine. Is there really a sky island? I want to see it so bad. I want some closure. Zoro asks, "What are you thinking about?"
"If there really is a sky island."
"You seemed happy and sure earlier."
"I just don't want to give up hopes on a childhood dream," I say with a small smile. He says, "I thought your dream is to be great enough to impress someone."
"That is my lifelong dream, this is a childhood dream, it's different." I say, the breeze blowing my medium black hair. Nami then asks, "Where's Luffy?"
"Over on the now sinking ship, Usopp is with him so I figured he would be okay." I look over to see Luffy drowning. Maybe I was wrong.
Luffy is back on the Merry. Catching his breath, he grins. He holds up a piece of paper and says, "Look what I found!" My eyes widen. A map to a sky island, Skypiea. I ask, "It really exists?" Luffy nods. I start dancing with him and say, "Skypiea here we come!"
"Hold it, fake maps can be drawn all the time." Luffy and I grow depressed again. Nami says, "We need more info." A childhood dream may be complete. I can't wait.