Chapter I: The Three Crowns

The light peeked through the numerous windows in the grand ballroom, of the enchanting castle seated at the highest peak of the Kingdom of the Light. Giggles and playful chirps echoed against the tall walls of the extraordinary room, filled with beauty and grace, as the servants  were finishing preparations for the ball on this glorious night. Beautiful frescoes danced over the walls, telling us the story of the history of their previous rulers, the golden ages of the Trinity Rule. Soon to be illuminated by the full moon from the ceiling that is decorated with huge rose window, those pictures could give you all the information you needed about the history, as well as the future of the kingdom, if you knew how, when and where to look.

Everything was shining, starting from the unique crystallised curtains that complimented golden bars on the windows, over the crystal plates, glasses and such, to the enchanting balustrade made out of pure gold, that skilfully protected and showed off the well thought through place for King and Queen to sit and enjoy the party, as well as giving them enough space to dance if they will. White sheets and chairs, as well as the stage for musicians surely did its justice to compliment the rest of the interior design of the room.

Following the blonde maid that just took the three crowns, from the jeweler, we slowly pace through the hall, filled with countless portraits of the former kings and queens on one side, while the other side was left empty for the torches, that seemed no less of an art piece compared to the portrait counterparts. She stopped in front of the large doors, decorated with flower design all over the edges, and she knocked. Once. Twice. And third time.

"Come in!", a cheerful voice could be heard from the other side of the doors, and the maid swiftly got inside without letting anyone have even a slightest peek at the interior of the room. Ever since the Queen gave birth to the three sisters, they have been under constant protection, which also meant only selected few got to enter their room. There, at the bed covered in silk, sat beautiful young girl, brushing her long blond hair with her delicate slender fingers. The pale complexion she had would have alarmed anyone that she might be sickly, but our maid knew better than that. She grew up with the sisters, so she knew when there was a reason to worry, and this was just her natural state. The girl looked up at the maid, giving her the brightest smile she could possibly make, and stood straight up, running to her side. "Oh, they are here!"

"Yes, hold on Your highness, you are supposed to wear this crown to the ball.", maid said with a smile, enjoying her princess' childish behaviour. Slightly taller than the princess, maid looked about the same age as the girl. Her skintone was somewhat tanner due to constantly walking in the sun, but she was no less beautiful. Her hair was sandy blond, neatly braided and hidden behind the hat she wore, as part of her maid uniform.

"Stella, we've been friends since forever," said the princess, taking maid's hand in her own, "You can call me by my name you know."

Maid smirked mischievously, "Alright, Jueel, but you're still not wearing the crown before the ball."

"Oh, please Lela, the ball is tonight and the sun has already disappeared behind that mountain!", she went all the way to the window to open it and point towards the large wall-like mountain in the far distance of the Kingdom. "Please, Lela..."

Unable to resist her charms, Stella finally agreed to give her the crown made of the black gold, decorated with dozens of diamonds, that appeared to be nothing more but a glitter compared to the middle heart-shaped diamond that made all of this view even more majestic. The girl quickly took the crown and proceeded to sit in front of the mirror, checking out how does the crown fit her. "Lady Jueel, are your sisters in their rooms as well?", the maid asked politely.

"Yes, they are. I can feel our connection strong, so don't worry. You may go.", Princess Jueel wouldn't look away from the mirror, as she spoke, which Stella recognized as her cue to go.

Leaving Jueel's room, Stella walked over to the next doors and repeated her usual routine. One knock. Two knocks. And third knock. "Come on in Stella.", a little bit annoyed voice came from the second room.

This time, she was met with a beautiful redhead at her sight. She curtsied, "Your highness, I've brought you the crown." This princess was taller even from Stella. Her slim figure and delicate pale, freckled skin,  only complimented her beautiful face, her fiery red hair and enchanting emerald gaze. She took her golden crown, decorated with beautiful rubies in the same fashion as Jueel's crown, inspecting it just a small bit, before putting it down on the desk in front of the mirror.

"You may leave.", princess said as she returned to her book.

"Yes, Princess Loumenna.", Stella curtsied again and left the room quickly, knowing better than to mess with Loumenna when she's in bad mood.

The last doors, she knocked three times, just like with others, but without waiting for any instructions she headed in. The room was already losing the daylight shine, but the beautiful girl standing in front of the window, looked as enchanting as ever. "Stella... The crowns?", the girl asked, her gaze still set on the huge mountain at the far edge of the kingdom.

"Yes, yours is made of white gold and sapphires. Look.", she approached the princess and offered her the crown, which the girl took, but didn't bother to inspect at all. "Ainnea... Is everything okay?"

"Yes... No...", the girl exhaled exhausted, "I am not sure... I have been watching that wall my entire life. It never caused any emotion in me, other than curiosity of how tall it is, but... Tonight, I'm feeling this odd expectation. I have a feeling something will happen tonight and it has to do with that wall."

"Oh, hush m'lady. Such words and thoughts are not going to bring anyone any good.", Stella took the crown and put it on Ainnea's head, "Beautiful. Look at yourself in the mirror, I will start helping you with your dresses and make up, right after I light the torches."

Princess snapped her fingers and all the torches in her room were lit, smile never leaving her face. Stella was her personal maid and a friend ever since she could remember, so it was no surprise the two had very deep connection. Stella chuckled happily, and proceeded to grab all the necessary ingredients for a beautiful and special princess in her heart.

************************************

Hello there again! I hope you enjoyed the read as much as I enjoyed writing it.

It is just an introduction and I tried to describe as many things as I possibly could, so bare with me. The fun events are yet to come.

If you liked this chapter make sure to leave a comment and tell me what you think, as well as share the story with anyone you think might like it as well.

Love, Veronica