Chapter XV: No one is born Evil

"What do you mean, the catastrophe about to come?", she looked at him confused, still keeping her arms around his neck. Her honey gaze kept begging him to look at her, to give her any sign of what is going on, but he kept looking at the wall. "Daerik, what is going to happen? You can trust me."

The dark king smiled ironically, remembering something he did long time ago, someone he chose to trust to, and got betrayed like the biggest naivete there is. "You see, darling, I don't exactly do trust. One time I trusted one of your own, I got my entire race wiped out!", he pushed her away, unsure even why he came here. What was he expecting? She is just another Elios. Why would she help him? They say she is different than the rest, but all he saw was different was her hair colour, nothing else. She had that same innocent honey look like the previous one, even more, she had the same energy, the way of walking, the way of talking. It was like the triplets got reincarnated in someone else's bodies.

However, she walked over and stood before him, taking him by the hand, "I'm sorry. I wasn't there, I didn't do anything, but my ancestors did. In their name, I apologise.", her eyes were filled with tears as the two got enveloped in the faint blue light. She almost screamed from the sudden rush of feelings, negative feelings, but she managed to keep her composure. At first he didn't understand what was she doing, but the moment he did he yanked his hand away from hers.

"How-?"

"That's what they meant by saying I'm different from the rest. I'm the star that shines the brightest, because I can do things no one else of Elios can.", she approached him yet again, and, being careful not to scare him away, caressed his cheek, "I can feel what you feel... You know, you don't have to be so alone all the time, so angry and so in pain."

"That doesn't matter now. The entire world is at stake.", although, he would never admit it, he was enjoying her touch, but he knew there were more important matters to discuss, at the moment. The fact that she was able to use that sort of magic truly surprised him, but he decided he will deal with that later. Taking her hand in his, and pushing it away from his face, he sighed, "I have told you I do not know much. What they did with the frescoes, they did only after we signed a peace treaty and agreed no one from my kingdom, including me, is to ever step a foot on the land of Hadar."

To be quite honest with you guys here, he doesn't seem as scary as he is described in all those books and stories. Sure, he has intimidating energy and appearance of a strong being, but everyone always seemed to describe him as the embodiment of the worst of the evil in this world, or something. The enchantress nodded, "You have told me the light cannot be without darkness, nor can the darkness be without the light. What does that mean?"

"I don't know. The sisters made sure I never find out.", he looked at her, his cold blue gaze locking with hers. Once again, he could feel that urge to protect the innocence in her. Maybe, just maybe, she really wasn't like the rest of them. As she looked at him with her eyes full of hope, he could tell she still wasn't fully formed Elios, she had a good heart. He appreciated that trait of hers. Reminding himself she is just a child, with quite a few centuries less of an experience compared to him, the dark king formed a ball of dark energy in his palm, and then formed it into another rose, this time, it actually turned into a flower. "You look breathtaking tonight.", he said offering her his own creation, a blood-red rose, which she took without any hesitation, "Go back inside. Have fun, but hurry up with the frescoes." Stepping away, he lifted his hand to leave, but she once again grabbed him by the hand, preventing him from going back.

"Daerik...", she got an idea, but feared he might be against it. Hell, the entirety of the kingdom would be against, if they knew. "Tonight the ballroom will be empty. Once the staff is away to sleep, could you transport us both there? Maybe, what we lack to figure this out is the element of darkness. The last true eternal."

"Alright. Once you are ready, just say my name and I will be there.", something in his expression reflected impatience, but she couldn't quite figure out what caused such an intense emotion in him. Especially, since all the emotions she saw him have, were anger and indifference. "Until tonight, lass.", this time he managed to disappear into the night, leaving the girl standing alone in the garden, with a red rose in her hand.

Until, she felt someone's presence, accompanied with a familiar voice, "I see you have been busy with managing relations between the kingdoms, so you couldn't enjoy the party...", she walked out of the shadow and exhaled dramatically, "And I have been begging your father for days to make this ball happen."

"Mother... I-I can explain.", she stuttered hiding the rose quickly behind her back.

The queen raised her hand and signed her to stop talking, "There is nothing to explain. I never believed Eternals to be ill-mannered people. They could have wiped out the entire Elios race, but they didn't. Don't you think that's strange?", she smiled and took her daughter by her hands, bringing them to the front, wanting to see the rose, "If you believe that man can help us prevent the events predicted by the prophecy long time ago, than I have no reason to discourage you from asking him for help."

"How did you know I was here?"

"I felt the strong presence of dark and light magic in the garden.", the queen tied their arms and slowly led her back to the ballroom, "Have you forgotten, I am the one keeping this garden blooming?"

"Father..."

"Must never find out!", her mother ordered strictly, "No one but the three of us can know about this. If anyone did find out, we would be risking second war between Hadar and Vega. Only difference between the two, would be the fact this war would not stop until one race is completely wiped out. It would be the end of the world as we know it."

************************************

Ngl, Queen is probably one of my favourite characters so far. She has so much more to herself than just her looks and magic.

I am struggling a bit with the inspiration, but I am trying my best to keep this story going because it's probably the best thought through story I have ever written.

I hope you've liked the chapter and if you did let me know in the comments, share it among your friends and have fun!

-Love, Veronica