Chapter X: The Kingdom of the Darkness

"Goodnight Your Majesty...", she said with a satisfactory smirk on her face. Supposed embodiment of everything evil in this world, wasn't that hard to deceive, now was it? Princess Ainnea definitely didn't think so. Pleased by the results of her own little game, she walked over to the bed and peacefully fell asleep...

Perhaps, we could leave her be for the time being, let's go outside. Ah, look at those stars, shining so brightly, dancing around the moon, that seemed to be right above the Wall. To be honest with you, it's been a while since I've been this relaxed and worried at the same time... Now, if we flew over to the moon and stood at the peak of the mountain, those two kingdoms wouldn't seem that different. Both had houses, roads, mansions, workplaces, markets and a grand castle. The main difference though, would be the design of the two castles and the fact that, as the last light in the Kingdom of the Light was dying, and people fell asleep, the last light in the Kingdom of the Darkness was lit. Maybe you've been wondering why are they called these ridiculous long names, why don't they have some shorter names. In fact, they do, but ever since that war happened, and the wall was built, they have been calling themselves that way to express which one of them was good and which was evil. The Kingdom of the Light is actually Hadar, and the Kingdom of the Darkness is Vega.

Okay, back to the story now. As the Hadar Kingdom is falling asleep, Vega is awakening. People are on the streets, enjoying the nightlife and gifts that come along with it. Ladies of the night dressed poorly, giggling and waiting for their next prey, numerous taverns, casinos and what not, offering great deals, drinks and games. What else can one wish for? If it wasn't for the murders that happen here and there, it would be perfect place to live and enjoy life. Now, if you manage to ignore that attractive girl wearing corset and a short skirt, with long black hair and curves to die for, or that tall guy in trench coat and a hat, shuffling a deck of cards, you could actually make it to the castle with me, specifically the room of our man of interest, King Daerik, himself.

Daerik had just gotten back to his room, huffing and puffing angry at himself that he allowed a naive girl, like herself, even notice what his vulnerability might be. A beautiful brunette appeared behind him, allowing herself to tie her hands around his waist, pressing her entire front against him. "I missed you, Master.", she purred into his ear, sliding her hand down, when he grabbed it and yanked her away from him.

"Get away Leandra! I'm not in the mood!", he said almost calmly, still able to somewhat control his growls and urge to destroy something.

"But... Master...", she pouted and walked in front of him, allowing the poor, see-through dress to fall down to the floor, "I missed you." One could easily recognize the lust in her dreamy silver eyes, but, judging by all the bite marks on her tanned skin, it would be difficult to decide what was she lusting for.

Dark, however didn't see her in front of himself. Instead, he saw the beautiful enchantress offering him her friendly hand, which drew out a loud growl and delivered a strong hit to the actual woman who stood there. He hit her with such a force that she fell to the floor instantly, almost blending in with the dark red, fuzzy carpet. Although you would expect her to stand up and run away from the dark room, with gothic style furniture and decor, she just caughed up some blood and smiled, before standing up and jumping onto him. This time he didn't push her away. Instead, he grabbed her by the hair and pushed it down to reveal her neck, and, without further ado, bit into that pretty flesh, leaving yet another bite mark on his favourite girl. She moaned as he sucked the blood out of her system, laughing as happy as ever, revealing her own set of fangs. It annoyed him, but her blood was probably the sweetest in the entire kingdom, so he kept her around.

"Come on, Master. You know that you want it!", she said between giggles and moans, digging her nails into his chest, when he suddenly pulled away and snapped her neck, throwing her on the floor, yet again.

"Fucking whore.", he mumbled and wiped the remaining blood off of his lips, before he sat on the chair and shouted, "GRIMSHAW, TYNAN!!!" As soon as the names left his mouth, the two men appeared in his room, stumbling over one another and falling right in front of their king. "Imbeciles...", he mumbled under his breath, "Remind me again, why am I keeping the two of you idiots, as my personal staff, when you are uncapable of even standing on two feet!!!"

"Forgive us, Your Majesty, we didn't know you'd be back so soon. The pool incident-"

"Dammit! I've completely forgotten about that.", standing up from the chair he opened his closet, as the two noticed the corpse laying on the floor, peacefully and exclusively naked for their master. "If you continue staring at her for another second I will personally gouge your eyes out. Now, help me get dressed, I have work to do."

The two immediately snapped out of their trance and glanced our way.

Wait, what?

Our way!? They are looking at us. Show them sign to shush them. Shhh. Oh, the thin one winked at us. "Stop it, Tynan.", said the other one, Grimshaw, and as he did, the two engaged in helping their master.

Phew, that one was close.

King's wardrobe was beyond anything even women could imagine, very well kept, holding so many suits, shirts and such, even he couldn't remember what he owned, but everything was in order, clean and ironed. Not to mention it smelled like a nice fresh cologne, screaming taste. Rows and rows of dark colours seemed to have no end, but the Dark King knew very well where they end and he promised himself to never go there, at any cost.

Deciding to wear his red suit with silver details on the edge, black shirt underneath and a dark red coat matching the suit, he put on the black gloves and shoes, that Grimshaw made sure were perfectly shiny. He stepped out of the wardrobe room, ready to deal with the problems his people have caused yet again. Before they stepped out of the room, Grimshaw cleared his throat and gathered some courage to ask the question, "Your Majesty... What with the lady?"

"Nothing. Once she's awake, she will take her stuff and leave.", he shrugged and left the room, without slight feeling of the guilt on his face.

************************************

It's 2 am.
I'm sleepy.
I'm tired.

Hope you liked it.

-Love, Veronica