Chapter XIII: A Little bit of Honesty

"My darling princess, you are being silly. What is that even supposed to mean? Light cannot exist without darkness.", Stella shook her head, as she changed the sheets, putting nice, clean, silk ones, much like the ones before, only difference being the colour that was now almost magenta, beautiful, but dark. Princess, herself, requested the change, so the maid could do nothing, but oblige. Of course, there was slight protest, since the dark colours are barely ever used for royalty, but the Princess insisted on the colours close to red such as the pretty and feminine magenta.

If you hadn't noticed, our pretty brunette was wearing her only fuchsia pink dress with black laced sleeves and top, as well as the skirt details and edges, while the material was decorated with cool gray for an even more beautiful appearance. Material was obviously silk, not to mention the expansive jewellery she wore, of pure platinum and padparadscha sapphire gemstones incorporated, creating the illusion of perfect charm. She was particularly well-dressed today, even her hairstyle, that had several layers of the braids which all ended up in a bun that represented a flower, and the make up she wore, were on point. If one didn't know better, they would say she was about to have a very important meeting, but we all knew she did not. As she sat in the chair, her legs crossed and the upper leg bouncing back-and-forth, twirling the shiny rose between her fingers, you could easily notice her mind was elsewhere. "I truly believe it has to be the hint on how to solve the puzzle... Maybe we need a help from the other side of the wall?", she spoke carelessly, unaware of the weight of her words, considering the situation between the two kingdoms.

Stella almost choked on the air, as she heard her princess say the only thing she must never even think of doing, "Hush, m'lady, even walls have ears in this castle... You know our two kingdoms must never communicate, or else the second war might occur." Her sandy blond locks seemed to hang freely in the world when she was in the princess' room, allowing her to appear much less like a commoner. If it wasn't for her tanned skin tone, one could easily mistake the pretty girl for royalty. She folded the dirty sheets and picked them up, "I will be back in a few, please don't think about such things Your highness... It will bring you no good."

Ainnea chuckled, "Alright, alright. I promise not to bring it up again." The moment the girl was out, she bonded with her sisters, screaming the question whether or not they figured out what the hint meant. She was pretty persistent it had to do with Kingdom of the Darkness, but the other two weren't convinced.

Loumenna claimed it cannot possibly mean they need an eternal, or one of his minions for the ritual, because the previous triplets literally got rid of them on purpose. Why would they get rid of the entire race of Eternals, if they would incorporate them into their own castle later? In her opinion, it probably just had to do something with the dark magic, probably the kind Eternals practice. There are bunch of books in the library concerning the matter, and they had all the time in the world to do their research.

Jueel agreed with Loumenna, asking only one question. Where did you find that hint?

To this question, Ainnea almost fell off of a chair, thankfully, neither of them could see it. Quickly, she lied to them Stella was back and cut the bond short, before she started thinking about the source of the information and the two found their answer in her mind. Looking back at the rose in her hand, she smiled to herself and put it in the drawer of her nightstand.

Deciding it was probably for the best, if she took a walk around the garden, and avoided Stella for a bit, Princess Ainnea walked to her mother and asked if she would like to join her. After all, it was King himself, who ordered them to never leave the castle alone, even though it was just as easy to attack them inside, as it was to attack them outside. Queen Leora accepted, feeling rather tired of sitting around the castle all day, so the two took each other by the arm and went outside. "It's such a beautiful day... Isn't it?", Ainnea broke the ice, unsure of what exactly to talk about with her mother.

"Not as beautiful as my daughter. I must say, you are shining today, more than usual so.", she smiled looking at her daughter, "The colour pick is unusual, but it compliments you very well. Perhaps, there is a reason for this dressing up?"

"Not really... I just felt like I could use a bit of more vibrant colour.", biting her lower lip nervously, Ainnea stopped at the edge of the garden, the two of them facing the tall mountain, "Mother... What do you think is going on, on the other side of that wall?"

The queen Leora sighed softly, almost regrettably, her emerald gaze seeming as painful as ever, "My dear girl, I couldn't possibly imagine what has been going on there ever since that war... Although, I'd like to think Vega is just like any other kingdom, I'm afraid their ruler is incompetent for the role. They said he wasn't the chosen heir for the throne, that he had no idea what it means to rule the entire kingdom and that was the reason why the sisters chose him. They believed he wouldn't be able to keep the kingdom alive, especially if he was left alone. That way we are the good guys, giving them a chance, but at the same time, we are just waiting for the Kingdom to inevitably fall.", she spoke honestly, from the heart, having heard the stories so many times she got to form an opinion of her own on the matter. Her daughter believed her, knowing she did her research, knowing she would never accuse someone before having enough evidence against them, "To be quite honest with you, I was surprised when King Daerik showed up that night. Everyone was gasping in fear, but he didn't even try to harm anyone." Yeah... About that... Meh, what she doesn't know, cannot kill her, right? "I am proud I raised such a brave and smart girls, that you resolved the situation without anyone being left hurt or causing a fight."

"Ah, he was handsome enough for me to take my chances in saving the night.", Ainnea chuckled, throwing this comment as a joke, which her mother embraced happily and chuckled with her, but deep inside, both of them knew she was telling the truth.

************************************

Well, hello there! Did you miss me?

I had to take a small break, it's a little bit discouraging to have no readers for the book.

I had no motivation to continue writing, but I feel like I can continue for the time being and try to make this work.

I hope you liked this part, and if you did, well... You know what to do x3

Love, Veronica.