Ch13

a few days later...

Kasuka walked down the stairs as he stretched out. He moved to enchant the cleaning products until he saw Senri standing outside his shop. He jogged over to the door and unlocked it, allowing Senri inside.

"You're here extremely early... You don't have to be here until about 8 more hours..." said Kasuka, looking at the clock on his wall.

"I know but, I figured we could spend some time together before the whole friend thing." said Senri, clutching his bag.

"Oh, uh... Are we going out? Because I had planned to stay in and... read." said Kasuka, not entirely lying.

He had planned to learn new spells and master old ones while he had free time. Now his plans were ruined by Senri's sheer presence.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. Here I am, assuming you'd be down to hang out last minute and not have much to do on a weekend. I'm so stupid." said Senri, hitting himself on the head. "I'll just go."

"No! I mean... no. Stay. We can you know, do what you want. Whatever it is." said Kasuka, holding his chin.

"Are you sure? I did come here unannounced and trampled on your plans." Senri commented, pulling on a section of his hair.

"I'm sure. So, what's in the bag? Work?" asked Kasuka.

"Oh, actually..." said Senri, looking away. "I'll be back."

Senri disappeared behind the back room door. Kasuka quietly watched it, wondering what in the world Senri was doing. He quietly thanked his past self for putting his magical ingredients away the night before. A few minutes passed and Senri hadn't appeared.

"Kasuka, you still there?" Senri called out.

"Where would I go in my bathrobe?" Kasuka responded with a brief chuckle.

Senri quietly stepped out, anxiously rubbing his hands together. Kasuka blinked, trying to process what was going on. He swallowed hard before giving a response.

"Um, wh- why are you wearing... this...? I'm sure the whole curse is over. For now." said Kasuka, eyeing him up and down.

Senri gently pulled the skirt down as he chuckled nervously. Should he tell him? Did it matter?

"Remember when we went out...? I said I'd um... I'd show you the outfit with the skirt if you treated me to lunch. You didn't get to see it because of um... that woman..." said Senri in a quiet voice. "Does it look okay...?"

Kasuka moved closer to him then took in his full look again. He reached for his shirt then unbuttoned the top most.

"Now it looks stunning." said Kasuka with a smile.

Senri laughed, averting his gaze. He felt Kasuka touch his ears.

"The feather earrings again huh? Guess you really like them." said Kasuka, fingering the synthetic feather.

"It's nothing like that, haha. Just really goes with most things..." lied Senri, playing with his fingers.

One of the wings on the dragonfly turned white as Senri went back to change.

"You should wear that on a date." joked Kasuka.

Senri eventually reappeared wearing his casual outfit. They stood in silence, Kasuka waiting to hear what else Senri had planned. Senri on the other hand was completely focused on the feather earrings.

"Well, if that's all, I'll be heading up eat and change." said Kasuka, walking past him.

"Huh? Right, food!" said Senri, grabbing his arm.