Chapter 9 - Last Night

***Today

I never saw that much blood before. I never saw someone die before. I never had to touch a dead body before. Until last night.....

How did we get into this crazy ass situation? I'm sitting in the back of "Mr. Brown's" classroom with my eyelids battling to stay open. I didn't get any sleep and in my head I was too vividly reliving everything that went down. I believe I'm gonna be traumatized for life.

I just wanted to have a normal last year of high school. Finally I was a senior and now I'm caught up in some wild shit I never would've expected. Something I feel 100% responsible for. Somebody's dead ...b-because of me.

***Last night

Roc stood in front of me bravely as a shield while Chris pointed the small black firearm directly towards my face. Chris body trembling as he held the gun up with both hands. I could see he didn't really wanna shoot but ain't no telling with this fucking pyscho.

"You don't wanna do this bruh! It ain't worth it I promise you. We ain't worth it." Roc said trying to disarm him with words.

The grim look on Chris' face let me know that Roc's attempts were not working. I saw the lost look in his eyes like he was at the point of no return. But why?

"SHUT UP! I should of did this shit sooner. I knew this lil nigga would be trouble the first day I seen him in my class. Now look Chresanto step to the side my beef not with you."

The eeriness of the wind intensified and the sound of trees shuffling in the distance made everything that much more dramatic. My heart sank into the depths on my body and my knees became extremely weak. I had to at least try to talk some sense into this man.

"Chris, please!" I held my hand up slightly moving from behind Roc. "All I ever wanted you to do was leave me alone. What is killing me gonna solve? You think you can get away with it? I promise you this can just stay between us." I pleaded.

"Why did you lie to me Jacob...." Chris turned his head sideways and his voice cracking. He gently lowered his arm showing vulnerability. Almost like he was going to cry. He thought to himself for a brief second then proceeded to aim back at me with even more certainty.

"NO!" Roc called out.

I turn my head away and closed my eyes tight as ever anticipating my demise.

***Today

I got out my seat and stepped into the hallway needing to move around. My head spinning and my stomach too. All I wanted to do was scream but I had to keep my composure or else I would give myself up.

After a little pacing back and forth I notice Bahja up the hall by herself obviously in distress, so I walk over to her.

"Bahja, it's gonna be ok." I immediately go to rub her back, assuring her not to worry as she vigorously rubbed her temples. I didn't even believe what I was saying.

"I don't know Prince everything just seems off today, like people know something is up. The way I'm getting looked at. Ugh I'm paranoid as a bitch! Police gon start asking questions and then what? What if we get caught? I have plans after graduation I can't go out like this!"

She was freaking out and rightfully so. I wanted to lose my shit too but the key is to keep calm.

"I know it's hard but the minute we start to break we gon get caught up so just relax ok? I'm scared as hell too but can't show it. We can get through this we just have to act normal and stick to the plan." I tried comforting her.

"Hold up a minute." She had the look of realization suddenly plastered on her face. "This shit is all you. This is all your fault!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I questioned why she switched moods so quickly.