Chapter Two:The Spark

*The Next Day*

(No one's POV)
We see a very happy Cinderace skipping through the city.She was wearing an orange dress right now as she looked around."Can't wait to get to know more about him!"She said and she squealed silently.

The camera pans to an apartment not far from where she was as we see an Inteleon in a black shirt and brown pants watching TV."Wonder if she'll actually come."He said as he switched channels.A knock on the front door could be heard as the Inteleon looked at it,raising an eye."Is that her?"He thought.

(Conrad's POV)

I pushed myself off the couch and stretched,yawning a bit.I didn't sleep all to well last night,I guess I was thinking too much about Phoenix.I went into the bathroom and prepared myself.I can't let her know I'm this sloppy,I'm supposed to be a gentleman!Anyway,I walked out of the bathroom and to the door.I put my hand on the knob and turned it,opening the door.

Wait...that was just the mailman!?I saw an Blaziken with a satchel bag.I shook my head and sighed."Anything wrong?"The mailman said.

"No,no...I'm good."I responded.The Blaziken nodded as he handed me a package,I of course took it.I think I ordered something from a few days prior to the soccer game last night,however I don't recall much from those last few days.The Blaziken left as I closed the door,placing the package on the counter.

(Phoenix's POV)

Wow,he didn't notice me AGAIN!After that Blaziken left,I slipped myself into his apartment without me being spotted!I feel like a secret spy!And wow,does Conrad's apartment look so nice!I was currently hiding behind the counter in his kitchen.I peeked over the counter and saw Conrad leave and go back onto the couch,I think I caught him sighing.Wow,he must've been expecting me,good guy...Anyway,I slipped out of my cover and went over to him sneakingly,smirking to myself as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

(Conrad's POV)

Oh believe me,that was all a ruse.I knew Phoenix would try to sneak into my apartment without me noticing.Once I heard her try to wrap her arms around my neck,I moved off to the side and saw her plop her arms onto the couch."Awwwe come on!"She said as she pouted."I thought I had you again!"

I chuckled and smirked."The average person would've been taken by surprise,I'm not an average person though."I said as I pet her head.

I think I heard her purr softly as I saw a tint of red on her cheeks.I raised an eye as I kept petting her,I don't know why."Do you like this?"I said.She nodded her head as she continued to purr.

(Phoenix's POV)

Why am I liking this!?I keep purring from his touches,what am I doing!?I think I heard him chuckle and he suddenly stopped.I had my eyes closed the entire time and I opened them,frowning.I vaulted over the couch and sat down beside him."So...what do you want to talk about?"I said.Conrad shrugged as he said,"Anything."

*A Few Hours Later*

(Conrad's POV)

After a while,we stopped as we stared at each other.I'm not sure why...but,I think I've fallen...for her...

"Well,I think I should go now..."Phoenix said as she stood up,straightening her dress.

I snapped out of my thoughts and chuckled."But I don't want you to go!"I said jokingly as I stood up.

Phoenix giggled and said,"Well I have to,I have my own home you know?"She winked at me and I blushed a bit.

I chuckled again and said,"Okay,you're free to go."I walked over to the front door and opened it,letting her through.

(Phoenix's POV)

I giggled again and bowed down jokingly."Thank you Mr. Intereon."I said as I winked at him again and walked out the door,closing it behind me.I started walking through the hallway as I thought about Conrad,my new friend.Or more than that,I don't know...I never realized how handsome and hot he looked,I put a hand on one of my cheeks and blushed a bit.His touches felt so cool,and warm at the same time...wish I could have that everyday...wait,why am I thinking of this!?He's just a friend,nothing else!I walked out of the building and started walking back to my house.

(Conrad's POV)

I turned around and went to the bathroom,sighing to myself when I went inside.I looked at myself in the mirror and said to myself,"You could've done it when she was there...if Mr. Randaaboom sees that Phoenix is out there..."A voice spoke into my mind saying,"Forget about Mr. Randaaboom,what about your love life?You're practically swooning ladies from the work place."I shook my head and said out loud,"I'm not polyamorous,plus none of them suit me...I have my eyes on someone already."I held my forehead as I sighed.I turned on the faucet and splashed my face with water,drying myself off with the nearby towel.I turned it off and put back on my normal sleep wear,which was the same white t-shirt and black shorts I had.I went to my bedroom and laid down on the bed,looking up at the ceiling.Yep,I've definitely fallen for her...on the second day too,I don't know why...maybe love at first sight is a thing.I won't let anyone harm Phoenix...I closed my eyes and fell asleep on that note.

(Phoenix's POV)

I sat down on my bed wearing a red see-through nightgown.I know it's not exactly ideal for a girl,but I just like to wear it.I started thinking about Conrad again,and his touches..,and his cool personality...and his looks...I facepalmed and said,"Why am I doing this!?"I decided to lay down and sighed,staring at the ceiling.I think I should talk with one of the team members,I need help...Galarian Aces Captain Phoenix,resting easy for the night.