Chapter Three:Randaaboom Strikes(Part One)

*A Few Weeks Later*

(Conrad's POV)

I haven't gotten any messages from Mr. Randaaboom recently,it's kind of creeping me out.Normally when I complete a mission I get some sort of message from my contractors.I improvised on the status of Phoenix and brought in fake evidence of her death to Randaaboom.He seemed to buy it as he said he would wire the payment to me,but I haven't gotten anything from him yet.I don't know if there's a problem with the electricity at his work place.No,that's definitely not it.I was out on the porch of my apartment,overlooking the city.I had my phone with me this time so I wouldn't have to walk back in to get it."What is going on with you Mr. Randaaboom..."I thought as I tapped my fingers on the concrete barrier.Maybe I should visit Phoenix today,yeah.Sounds like a swell idea.I walked back inside and went into the bathroom,walking out with a blue t shirt and black jeans.

*A Few Hours Later*

I walked up the steps of her house,which was actually nice.It was near the outskirts of Motostoke City,and I feel pretty jealous.There's some actual peace and quiet out here,wonder if Phoenix likes it that way.I stopped at the front door, noticing it was opened slightly."What in the world..?"I said.I pushed the door open slightly and peeked inside,seeing some items in the house.Was there a scuffle inside Phoenix's house?I pushed the door open more and went inside,looking around with curiosity.Oh my,I saw a smashed coffee table and some broken vases.I continued my inspection and went around as I saw a note on the dinner table in the kitchen.I went over to it and picked it up,reading it carefully.

"I saw through your fake evidence Mr. Intereon,you think you could deceive me?I have your 'girlfriend' hostage.If you don't come to Randaaboom Enterprises at 6:00 PM sharp,all you'll see is the brains of Phoenix Eesu!-Ekon Randaaboom"

I growled and clenched my fist.I knew something was up with Ekon Randaaboom!And what did he mean by girlfriend!?We're just friends!I tossed the note away as I ran out the front door.I knew where the building was,you can't miss a building that says Randaaboom Enterprises on the rooftop.I kept running to the building as I panted a bit,I knew I was on the clock on here.I checked the time on my watch,5:30 PM!I have to go faster!

(Phoenix's POV)

I groaned a bit as I slowly opened my eyes,looking around.I couldn't see anything,it was so dark in here...I think I remember what happened...a Rillaboom,he knocked me out...it's a miracle that I'm not dead...I looked down and grew wide eyed,seeing that I was...FULLY NAKED!?And I was tied down to a chair too!I looked around frantically as I panicked,I don't know what I can do!That was when I saw him...the Rillaboom,walked into the room and smirked.

"Well,if it isn't the wonderful and sexy Phoenix Eesu!"The Rillaboom said with a booming voice.I cringed a bit as I shut me eyes."What do you want!?"I said with tears in my eyes.The Rillaboom chuckled and said,"You of course,I heard about the victory against the Hoenn Legends from a few weeks ago."

"Yeah,what about it..?"I responded,still having my eyes shut.I started struggling as I looked at him with anger and disgust."That doesn't give me much of an excuse for me to not kill you!"He said as I grew wide eyed."Y-you want me dead!?"I yelled.

"Of course,you lead your team on a losing streak that spanned for two months!You were making our sponsors look bad!I will NOT condone that!"The Rillaboom said.

"Well we won didn't we!?"I said with teary eyes."Again,it's not an excuse for me to not kill you!"His voice boomed throughout the room.I started crying as I held my head down,I didn't want to meet his gaze...I didn't want to see anything until I die...

"I'M HERE!"I heard a British voice sound through the room as I looked up and behind the Rillaboom.W-wait,CONRAD!?

"CONRAD!"I yelled out as my eyes widened.

(Conrad's POV)

I panted heavily as I had my hands on my hip.I growled as I glared at Mr. Randaaboom,the one who got me into this messy situation."Release Phoenix at once!"I said,my right hand hovering over my right pocket.A booming laughter resonated throughout the room as I squinted my eyes.

"It's not as simple as that Mr. Intereon!You have to do as I say!"Mr. Randaboom said with a smirk.I shook my head and sighed and said,"And that is!?"He roared and got into a battle stance."You have to battle me to the death,and if you win,I'll release Phoenix!Or you will.If I win,then I will kill you and Phoenix at the same time!"I growled and clenched my teeth.I looked over to see that Phoenix was NOT for this and she was crying now.I feel bad for her, what am I supposed to do..?If I refuse, she's gonna die...if I lose,we're both gonna die...I've tackled many brutes in my life,but this is the first time I've actually had to battle.What do I do..?

"DO IT CONRAD!"Phoenix said as I looked at her with wide eyes.I gasped as I said,"But we're both gonna be dead if I lose!"

"I don't care!I know you can win this!Everyone had faith in me back at that soccer game, pretend this is the soccer stadium!And everyone is watching you,WIN THIS!"Phoenix said as she had a determined smile on her face.

I don't normally like crowds,but yeah...maybe I should.I ca-no...I WILL win this fight!Mr. Randaaboom won't know what will hit him!

Mr. Randaaboom chuckled and went to one side of the room.He pressed a button as the area beneath us took us up to another level.I gulped as I prepared myself for this fight.I'm usually a one-and-done mission guy,but it looks like this won't end in one move...

"Last chance Conrad,do you really want to battle the likes of me!?"Mr. Randaaboom said with a booming voice.

"If it means rescuing Phoenix and me dying,then yes...I will battle you,and I will win.Good guys always prevail!"I said as I got into a battle stance.

This is Agent Wind,signing out for now!