Chapter 12~The Truth

So, kinda sad the Rogue One theme doesn't have its own score. It's so pretty.

   Thanks for all the love and support.

   Also, Chewie is my favorite Star Wars character. Who's yours?

   And when the hell can I get a baby Yoda plush? Step up your game Disney!!

   ~~~ Mena ~~~

   I hadn't slept a wink the entire night. After telling Mando the reason why I ran, I realized I didn't want to hear his response because I was afraid of how he might have reacted and if he thought I was just some girl throwing a tantrum because I didn't like the way life was going. So, the moment I saw a smidge of light poke through the window, I was up and heading out of the cabin to enjoy the amount of time I had left in this town before Mando could finish repairing the ship. 

   To my surprise, many of the villagers were already up and hard at work. I noticed Rylla washing a bushel of clothes in a pond and approached her. 

   "Goodmorning," I smiled as I took a seat beside her. 

   "Ah, nice to see you're up. I didn't get to thank you yesterday for what you did before you ran off," she said.

   "Oh, sorry about that I didn't mean to be rude. I just needed some time alone," I said, realizing how bratty I must have seemed to the villagers after I had just brushed past them and ignored them.

   "Trouble in paradise?" 

   My cheeks immediately flared hotter than the sands of Tatooine. "No, it's not like that, we're not like that. We're just... friends."

   "Oh," Rylla smiled while doing her laundry. "I just assumed two people roaming the galaxy together alone in a ship and sleeping together in the same room were together. My mistake."

   Had we really come off that way? I couldn't even begin to see Mando and I as together. Heck, how would that even work? Just the thought of him holding my hand with his gloved one or hugging me with his cold armor made me laugh. Don't even get me started about kissing. 

   "You know what's strange," Rylla said. "I don't know your name." 

   "Right, it's uhm," I looked around for inspiration, "It's Pond...a. Ponda." I mentally facepalmed myself. Seriously? Ponda? I couldn't think of anything better than Ponda?

   "Ponda?" Rylla didn't look too convinced. "You don't have to tell me, but make sure you have a better alias ready for when someone else asks you." 

   "Sure thing," I said with an embarrassed smile. 

   "Alright, now let's go get you some breakfast."

      The rest of the day was spent helping Mando repair his ship. He seemed more eager than ever to get away from the village and off the planet. He had even ignored Ahri when he had asked Mando to play with him, but that wasn't the only strange thing. Mando didn't eat the entire day and even kept his conversation with me at a minimum, he just restlessly worked on his ship. Something had gone wrong after I had told him why I had run, but I just didn't know what. I was beginning to become annoyed with his hot and cold personality. Sometimes, like last night, he'd act like he cared, but then the next day he'd ignore me. What was up with him? 

   By the end of the day, the ship was done and ready to take off. Mando and I said our goodbyes to the village as we received gifts of food and clothes to take with us on our journey. Although there were a couple of sad faces, Ahri was by far the most impacted by our sudden departure. He cried endlessly into Mando's leg, and Mando had to lift him into the air so that his tears wouldn't begin to rust his armor.