Chapter 13~The Fight

Hey guys, I need some good Kylo Ren fanfic recommendations. 

   Also, Hiram Lodge from Riverdale is hot.

   Come at me haters.

   ~~~

   The Mandalorian watched Mena look up at him with wide eyes as the door to the room slammed shut. When the door hit the ground with a loud slam, he swore something in him cracked. She was just a bounty now. Although he wanted to apologize when she fell to the ground, he knew he couldn't, not if he wanted to stop caring about her, not if he was supposed to treat her like any other bounty. 

   As he walked back to his pilot seat, he cussed at himself. He should have frozen her in carbonite before any of this could happen. He should have never fallen for her Mandalorian disguise. He should have tracked her down sooner. He shouldn't have taken her bounty, he wished he hadn't. He wished someone else had taken it and found her so that he'd never have met her, to begin with. 

   Why did she have to say all those things about giving her to her father? Why did she have to put that image in his head? He'd been trying so hard to keep that image out of his head. The thought of even landing his ship near her father, knowing he would have to walk her to him made him want to turn his ship around. But he couldn't. He was a bounty hunter and it was his job to finish what he had started, even if that meant sacrificing something he cared for.

   As the distance between the ship and her home planet grew smaller and smaller, he realized the time between them and her planet would not be enough to convince himself he didn't care about her. So, he slowed the ship down to create that time, because he knew that if the time to give her up came and he wasn't ready, he wouldn't be able to go through with his job. He slowed the ship down so much they were practically floating in space.

~~~ Mena ~~~

   I was still in the same spot where he had left me, on the ground staring at the door. I was surprised at the aggressive way Mando had acted, but even more surprised at what he had said. He had sort of admitted he wouldn't be able to give me up to my father if he cared for me, which he did. But did he seriously think he could just forget about me? That's not how feelings worked. But if that's how it was going to be, then so be it. I wasn't going to play nice, not anymore. I was going to go back to the same drive that had driven me to blast those mercenaries when they stood in between me and my life, because now those mercenaries were gone and the only thing standing in my way was Mando. Not for long, though. 

   I was angry now. 

   I was furious. 

   I pushed myself off the floor and only then did I notice we weren't moving anymore. He had stopped the ship, but why? Was something wrong with the ship? Was something wrong with Mando? I shook the thoughts out of my head. Why did it matter if there was something wrong with him? If he wasn't going to care about me then I wasn't going to care about him. If that's the game he wanted to play then fine. 

   "Mando!" I screamed, pounding my fist against the door. "Why did we stop?!" When he didn't reply it only encouraged me to hit the door harder. "Hello?! Can you hear me through that helmet?! I'm sure it's not thicker than your skull!"

   The door suddenly opened, causing me to hit his chest a few times before I realized. 

   "What are you doing?" Mando said, looking down at me huffing in anger.

   "There you are, you trash can. Why have we stopped?" 

   "We're not stopped," he said.

   "Then why are we moving so slow?!" I groaned, throwing my arms in the air.