Chapter 21~The Proposition

Hey guys, I watched Frozen 2 today and I'm watching TROS tomorrow.

Can't wait!

Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting!

~~~The Mandalorian~~~

Slowly, The Mandalorian walked into the bar for his next bounty. As he looked around, the place that had once been so familiar to him now seemed so strange and foreign, as if this was his first time going in for a job. It all seemed so bizarre now, but he had to keep moving forward. She was safe and he would have to keep moving to prevent himself from going back.

Greef Karga violently laughed when he laid eyes on the approaching Mandalorian. "My favorite Mandalorian! Finally back for more, aye?"

"What's your highest paying bounty?" The Mandalorian said, taking a seat across from him.

"Hold on just a second, Mando. You've been gone for a while. How are you?"

"What's your highest paying bounty?" The Mandalorian repeated. He wasn't in the mood for small talk. He just wanted his next job so he could get back to his life, so he could forget.

"Look, Mando, just because you couldn't get to the Starkiller girl first doesn't mean you have to show me attitude."

The Mandalorian froze. "What do you mean by get to her first?"

"That guy who works for Starkiller, General Thanos Not-something found her. That's why you're back, isn't it?"

The Mandalorian stood suddenly and paced out the door, ignoring Greef Karga calling out to him. He'd been stupid. He'd been so stupid to believe she would be safe. Now, his stupidity had led her to face the one thing he wanted to protect her from. This was his fault and he'd have to make it right. He just hoped he wasn't already too late.

~~~Mena~~~

When we arrived on my home planet, Geonosis, the hot and rusted air immediately suffocated every inch of my lungs. I had forgotten how terrible this place truly was, but as Janos dragged me through the dark hallways of my father's fortress, it all came rushing back. I had been feeling numb up until we had landed, the deaths of Ahri and Rylla playing through my head on repeat, but now fear had overtaken my body and I mindlessly followed Janos' orders. I wasn't in control of my life anymore, being in control had led me through so much pain that I didn't want to be in control anymore.

"Here she is, Mythus," Janos said, storming through the doors of my father's office and roughly pushing me towards him so hard I went hurdling straight into his chest.

"Mena," Father said, resting a hand on the back of my head, sending chills through my body. A father's touch was supposed to bring warmth and comfort, but his felt like a stone, tough and cold.

"It took me longer than I had expected, but she's here now. So, let us get on with this, shall we?" Janos said.

"Yes," Father said, stepping back from me to take a look at me, but the way he looked at me wasn't how a father looked at their child. He was looking at me like I was a possession to him. "Go get changed, Mena," Father said.

"Into what?" I said, dryly.

"Your wedding gown," Janos replied with a small smirk. "I took it upon myself to choose one for you... and a little something for tonight. You can thank me later."

"You're a disgusting pig," I scowled at him.

"That's enough," Father said and snapped his fingers twice to summon a guard who came running like a trained dog. "Take her to her room and give her five minutes to change. If she's not out by then, you have my permission to go in and force her into the dress if need be."