Chapter 17~ His True Face

So, here it is! I love this chapter!

Let me know what you guys think!

Also, the song that inspired this story is "Gravity" the Alex and Sierra version.

   ~~~ Mena ~~~

   This was it. Commander Burin had found me and it was all over. I couldn't run, there was nowhere to go. All I could do was turn myself in and be forced back to my home planet, to my father. Even if I used my blaster to shoot him, it would be pointless. I couldn't fight off an entire crew of armed Starkiller men. I couldn't save myself.

   Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, the stormy winds on top of the skyscraper managed to knock my hat right off my head so that my hair was flying freely with the wind. If Burin hadn't already figured out who I was, then he definitely had now. So, accepting my defeat, I turned around to face him. 

   "You?" Commander Burin stared at me, his eyes shocked, but they quickly changed to express anger. He marched towards me with a blaster, ready to shoot. He would take me back into the ship and to my father. He would deliver me to the General and I would be forced to accept his proposal. I would spend the rest of my life hating myself for wasting my chances at freedom. I would die unhappy, not free, but a prisoner. 

   Then suddenly, a faint whisper of a voice sparked just a glimmer of hope inside me. 

   "Jump, Mena," the voice said.

   No, I couldn't have heard it. I was just imagining things. My mind was just trying to get me to take the easy way out. But then, I heard it again. 

   "Jump, Mena," the voice said, this time louder. I turned to look behind me. The voice wasn't coming from my mind, but Mando. He was here somehow. On top of a speeder-bike just under the ledge of the building. I couldn't believe my eyes. Was this real or was I just going insane? How had he even gotten here?

   "You stupid, worthless, brat," Commander Burin said, advancing towards me with a burning hatred. 

   He was almost upon me, but he wouldn't have me. This was my chance and I was going to take it. I gave Commander Burin a quick smile before jumping off the building and falling straight into the arms of Mando, who helped me onto the bike. I couldn't believe what I had just done. How stupid I was to trust the man who had just betrayed me enough to jump off a building for him. 

   "Nooooo," Commander Burin screamed, running to the ledge of the building, but we were already too far gone before he could see who had rescued me. 

   "What are you doing here?" I said as I used Mando's back to shield my face against the wind. 

   "I'm rescuing you," Mando said, and flew the speeder-bike into a dark alley where he stopped it. I didn't know what he was doing. The Starkiller men were probably right behind us, so why stop here of all places? When I got my answer, I wished I hadn't. 

   After Mando had hopped off the bike and helped me off, he hurried to a sewage hole that he effortlessly opened. I looked at him and then the hole. No, there was no way. He wouldn't.

   "Get in," he said. 

   He would.

   This was going to be so disgusting, I almost had to consider if General Notka would be worse than what I was just about to do. Would living even be worth it after this? Would I be able to recover? Deciding I was probably just being a little dramatic, I inhaled my last bit of fresh air and reluctantly climbed into the sewage hole. Surprisingly, the smell wasn't the worst part. The worst part was whatever squishy matter I was stepping on. I didn't even want to know what it was. I didn't think I could handle the truth.