Chapter 18~ The Toy

Hey guys, I apologize for the VERY short and eventless chapter. 

   I just needed something to set up the next chapter. 

   Anyways, thanks for reading.

   What's your favorite movie?

  Mine's V For Vendetta and Interstellar 

   ~~~ The Mandalorian ~~~

   He could still feel her touch on his skin even after they had boarded his ship, even after they had escaped the planet. Her touch. It had felt like an electric current yet so incredibly soft at the same time. He hadn't experienced anything like that in ages. He had forgotten what it had felt like to be touched by another person. It was addicting. But he couldn't do it again. He couldn't risk the chance of being seen even though he knew he would miss her touch. Still, her touch wasn't the only thing he would miss. 

   When the Mandalorian had taken off his helmet, he had finally been able to look at her with his own eyes, without any tint or interference from the helmet. He still remembered her face, her skin, her nervous expression, how there was a cut on her lip that brought him anger for some reason. He had seen his fair share of women all around the galaxy, but he couldn't deny Mena was truly beautiful. Even when she was angry at him. Even when she was covered in sewage water, as she was now. 

   He watched as Mena walked about the ship, looking for something to change into so she wouldn't have to remain in her soaked clothing. He would have to find somewhere to land once they were at a far enough distance from Coruscant, so they could both escape the awful stench of their clothing. 

   Truthfully speaking, he had no idea where to take her. Now that he had the credits, now that he would no longer go through with his mission, he had no idea what he was going to do with her. Could he just return to Greef Carga for more jobs and have her go with him? With all those credits, he could live out his days in peace. If he chose to keep all those credits for himself, he could disappear with her and spend his days like a normal person. He wouldn't have to work as a bounty hunter anymore.

   Still, those credits were not for him. He wouldn't turn his back on the Guild. They had saved him, they had raised him and he would make sure he would repay them for everything they had done for him. The two million had to be enough. That was more than a lifetime's worth of work. Once he delivered the credits to his Guild, he would have to continue his work as a bounty hunter, he couldn't retire. But what would Mena do? She couldn't just fly around with him, hiding from the world, wasting her life away on a ship. No, she wanted a life of freedom, but it wasn't with him. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't give it to her.

   He would have to let her go all over again. 

~~~ Mena ~~~

   Mando had been awfully quiet for a while now, but I didn't question why. He was probably just processing what had happened in the sewers. I knew I would be too. What he had done was crazy, but it had worked in proving to me I could trust him. I did trust him. He wouldn't give me up again, I just knew it. 

   I had been walking around the ship looking for some fresh clothes, but all I could find was my old Mandalorian armor that was still sprawled out on the ground. Deciding I didn't want to wear that, I gave up my search and walked to Mando who was busy flying the ship. I felt kind of awkward being near him now, I didn't exactly know why but if I had to guess it was because something in our friendship had shifted. After he had "shown" me his face, I just felt like something was different, like things had gotten more personal. 

   "So, where to now?" I said, leaning against his control panel. I noticed that the knob of one of his gears was very shaky, so I twisted it until it came off. It was like a little ball, so I threw it up in the air and caught it with one hand.

   "It's not a toy," Mando said. I rolled my eyes and twisted the knob back onto the gear. 

   "You didn't answer my question."

   "We're going back to the village."

   "Really?" I said, smiling brightly. I had missed the village from the moment we had left. I couldn't wait to see everyone again and finally be able to shower and change into a clean pair of their clothes. "For how long?"

   "I just," Mando paused, "I need to repair my armor."

   "So until you're done repairing your armor? And then we'll go somewhere else, right?"

   "I just need to repair my armor," Mando repeated. I looked at him funny. He was acting strange but I chose to ignore it. He probably was just still shaken up. 

   When we landed near the village, the villagers were overjoyed to see us. They all welcomed us just like they had that first night with clean clothes, lodging, and food. Ahri practically started to ball his eyes out when he saw Mando before he jumped into his arms. Looking at them, I realized how adorable the sight of Mando hugging a child was. It just seemed like such an unnatural thing for him to do, but seeing him do it was heartwarming. 

   "Ponda," Rylla smiled, extending her arms to hug me before she realized I smelled worse than a wet Wookie. "It's so nice to see you again."

   "You too," I smiled.

   "Well, you look different," she said, her eyes inspecting me from head to toe. 

   "Oh, yeah these aren't my clothes-"

   "I mean you look happy," she laughed. "Are things finally working out for you two?"

   "What? No, it's not like that. We're not like that, remember?" I blushed, lowering my voice and hoping Mando wouldn't hear. 

   "You know, I have a knack for telling when two people should be together, and you two definitely need to get together in more ways than one. If you know what I mean," Rylla winked. I was sure my face was redder than Darth's Vader's lightsaber. "That's why I'm going to make sure you two sleep in the same cabin again."

   "Rylla, no," I pleaded.

   "You can thank me later," she said and turned away with a satisfied smile. I didn't know what she expected to happen between us. Mando and I were just friends and that was all we were ever going to be. 

***

Like I said, very short and eventless. 

The next chapter will contain some intimate/cute moments!

If you have any feedback or would like to see something specific in the story then please let me know!