2 ❥ Kill or be killed

Tressandra

      Misery is all I know, it's everything. I stare coldly at the table filled with the Alpha and Beta family. Alpha Green and Beta Thorn. They're uppity and self righteous on their pedestal of perfection. A pedestal that my mother would kill to put me on.

     I shift my gaze to my fingernails drumming on the wooden table. The pack is boisterous around me, so loud that I almost can't hear myself plotting.

     My nostrils flare. I smell the lycans. I can always smell them. Their scent is distinct. Powerful. Spicy. They're like us werewolves, only bigger, stronger, and immortal. They're unstoppable by definition.

     They can't be stopped. That's what I need.

     I'm out of my chair before I even spot them, following my nose to their table. 4 of them sit together, gathered for lunch like everyone else. Except they are anything but like everyone else. The big one stares at me as I come strutting their way with a fake flirty smile.

     Here goes nothing.

     "Hey there fellas." Goddess, I hate myself. I stare into a sea of purple. Hyrum is very attractive, surely he'll do. I lean forward, knowing full well that I'm exposing my cleavage for them to appreciate. "How's it going?"

     They don't look amused, or even the least bit intrigued. I think I might throw up.

     "Terrible now that you're here." One of the blonde ones says. Ace. He's sassy and witty, he would be a great choice is he didn't hate me so much.

     The words sting, but they're well deserved. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself. This is a chance of a lifetime. A chance I might never receive again. Can I really let it pass me by without giving it my all?

     How could I forgive myself if I end up stuck here?

     "You look dashing today, if I do say so myself." I purr, laying it on thick as I jut my hip out. Hyrum looks confused, and almost bored.

      I mentally check myself head to toe. Curled hair, tank top, mini skirt, and a pair of killer heels. It's enough to make any male drool, isn't it? Am I doing this all wrong?

     Maybe I should find out what the lycans like and fit myself to that mold. My mother's disguise isn't enough to tempt them. I can become anything, do anything to please them if they could just take me away from here.

     This place is my home, and my own personal hell.

     "I would love to help in anyway that I can to make you more comfortable here. We are just so thankful you've come to protect our pack, especially me." I smoothly inform them, leaning forward on the table while pushing out my lips in a pout.

     They all appear grossed out. Even I'm disgusted, it's nothing new.

     "Well, we were assigned here. It's not like we had a choice." Reid says, folding his arms over his chest and trying to get as far away from me as possible by angling his body. His tone is pure poison.

     I'm losing them, and fast.

     "If there's anything I can do, let me know." My tone holds a desperate plea for help. No one has ever helped me, saved me. I've never felt loved or appreciated. How can I expect them to be any different?

     For a moment I think about that. No one has asked if there's anything they can do to help me. Ever. I wonder what that must feel like. To feel loved. To feel cared for. It would be a miracle.