7 ❥ Karma

Ryk

When I enter the tent of doom, it surprises me to see the Red Alpha meditating. She's sat cross legged on the sheep skin rug with her hands held palms up at her side. There's a flow around her, I would think it was heavenly if it weren't for her hellish demeanor.

She doesn't open her yellow eyes, let alone whisper a word of recognition, all she does is lift a single finger to tell me to wait where I am.

I stand there impatiently, never straying my gaze from my boss as she draws out whatever it is she's doing.

The other night I gave her my plan of attack, a fake storm on the Green Pack, my second false battle to ensure they don't know what's coming next. The Red Alpha hired me to do this very thing, use my best war strategies to help her plan, but she's ignoring me.

It's been days, and she hasn't yet approved my plan. Her procrastination is annoying me. It's too bad that she's practically sealed my lips with her dirty magic. I can't murmur even one complaint. It kills me.

Finally, she takes a deep breath, exhaling as her eyelids roll up to reveal eerie irises that observe me with too much attention to detail. She's always looking for holes in the grip she has on me.

"Ryk. So great to see you." She says, as if she doesn't see me every single day. Most of the time she's either hidden in here, or she's somewhere in the woods doing Goddess knows what.

I've been in here more than usual, trying to get her approval so I can deploy my troops to attack. I'm ready to go, mostly because Alpha Veiler is there now.

Somehow, the pack knew that we were behind the attack on Ezra and his mate. They got the most powerful Alpha in the world to help take down the Red Alpha. I can only hope he succeeds in killing her, because I can't do it myself, and I can't help him out either.

"Do you want us to go through with it, or not?" I cut to the chase, anxious to go for it as soon as I get the go ahead.

The Red Alpha ponders my question like it had never really occurred to her. I ask her every day and she always gives the same answer. Some hippy shit about how the stars aren't aligned for success. She believes in horoscopes and zodiac signs and all that crap.

"Yes. I have a good feeling about today." She muses, tilting her head to the side as she watches me smile. I can't help it, my teeth are on full display as I anxiously wait for my course of action.

"Don't let me down Ryk."

I nod, turning tail, slapping the tent flap shit behind me and heading for the center of the camp where all the werewolves congregate to fool around and drink their alcohol. I've often pushed for the Red Alpha to forbid their drinking, it numbs their scenes, but she likes them that way. It makes them stay when there's free beer to be had. It keeps them weak and unsuspecting.

As soon as I'm in their circle of fun, they stop talking, their laughter fading out at the sight of me. Some look away. Some pale. Some look like the want to run away. They know not to annoy me. They know how deadly I can be.

"It's time, you little bitches." I call out, and eyes grow wide, whispers spread. I keep talking. "Group B and Group C need to get ready. You deploy in the next 30 minutes, be at the ammo tent by then, or I'll hunt your asses down."

My yelled command has everyone scrambling, prepared to spread the word to every ear in camp. I rumble to myself, beyond annoyed by their mere existences, but a small grin stays on my face.

This is it, finally we get to go through with the plan I've been structuring out for months. As soon as it's over, we only need 2 weeks before our final attack will be struck.