12 ❥ Fractured pieces

Tressandra

I blink away the bright light, confused at where I am, and then I realize I'm covered in fuzzies. I'm in Ryk's arms. It's nice, too nice, and I'm positive that I don't deserve to be treated so well, or to be this happy.

A sensation of discomfort down below hits me, and I realize that I need to pee, and right now. It's very urgent. I wiggle, groaning when I can't get loose. My mate's strong arms get tighter and tighter, holding me like a stubborn toddler keeping a hold of their teddy bear.

I'm aware of when he wakes up by the gruff noise he makes in my ear.

"Why are you trying to leave me?" Ryk wonders, and I wonder if I've offended him with my simple plea to get free.

"I need to... urinate." I murmur, squirming for emphasis. He gives me a look, raising a white eyebrow in question. "Let me up, I'm serious." I laugh, and he grumbles, but let's me go.

I propel myself off the bed, and go searching for the nearest toilet. I didn't exactly get a good look at this place yesterday when he carried me here. It doesn't take long to find one.

The bathroom is directly across from the bedroom, and before I can close the door and lock it, a pale hand slams down on the wood, fingers splayed. I stare at the offending hand in confusion as the veins and muscles flex under the skin. I glance up at him, he's glaring again.

"What are you doing?" I wonder, and Ryk cocks his head at me like a dog.

"Coming with you." He replies, like it's obvious. I can practically feel my eyes bugging out of my skull. Is he serious?

"Ryk, I need privacy. I can't pee while you're just standing there watching me." I tell him. He obviously doesn't have an idea of personal space. First he wouldn't let me get dressed alone, and now he wants to watch me go to the bathroom? Nuh-uh, not happening.

My enormous mate has the gall to appear confused.

"Why?" That's all he says. I groan, my bladder ready to burst at the neglect.

"Because that would be gross. You don't want to see that." I explain, trying again to close the door. It's all in vain, he won't even budge.

"Nothing you could do would gross me out. You are my mate. I go where you go, I won't let you out of my sight." Ryk proclaims, and it's sweet, and a little annoying. I'm peeved that he won't just leave me alone for a few minutes to relieve myself.

What about when I need to shower? I shiver at the thought of us showering together, because I doubt he would be happy with me doing that alone either.

"You need to show that you trust me. Let me close the door and go pee, and I'll be out in just a little bit, okay?" I ask, and he continues to glare.

He cups my chin, staring down at me like I actually have value. It's something I can't believe.

"It's not you I don't trust, it's this pack, those lycans." He growls, rialing himself up just thinking about them. I put a calming hand on his bicep, and he looks at me again, his gaze less feral.

"Please?" I plead, my eyes begging. I need this, I need to know that he can compromise on some things.

I can't have another situation like Mother, having someone constantly telling me what to do. I shake that stupid thought away. Ryk could never be like Mother. He would never raise a hand against me. Right?

"Fine, but no locks." He orders, and I can hear the strain in his voice. I smile.

"Not that a lock would stop you anyway, but okay." I say, and a ghost of a grin appears on his face.