8 ❥ I'm free

Ryk

The attack went just as I thought it would. The Green pack fought back well, killing many of our rogues before they figured out that they needed to retreat. Many returned injured and weak, confused at how badly the attack went. No one suspected that it was my true plan all along. If they did, they kept their mouths shut about it, which is the smart thing to do.

I grin mercilessly as I walk through the camp, dead set on bragging to the Red Alpha about our success. Just when I'm about to reach her tent, the annoying Beta Thorn steps his way in front of me, blocking my path with his pathetic body.

Sighing out of my nose, I narrow my eyes at him.

"What's going on? I thought you were going to slaughter the pack? Kill everyone? What is taking so long?" He demands, absolutely pissed that we didn't wipe out his whole pack. A lump appears in my throat.

Thorn disgusts me.

"You'll see. We're plotting another attack soon, and we will tear apart your precious pack." What I don't tell him is that we won't win. Of course many members of his pack will die, but there's no way we will win against that many lycans.

The Green pack has 7 fully matured lycans, Alpha Veiler among them. We don't stand a chance. As much as I'm looking forward to the fight, I know it's likely that I will die. As long as I'm not being controlled anymore, I'm fine with that.

"You better make it quick. Ezra and his pathetic mate are having their mating ceremony soon. You need to put a stop to that." He demands, and even though I like the information he's feeding me, I don't like the tone.

I growl, low and hard, sending vibrations down his spine, likely making hairs stand on the back of his neck. Beta Thorn takes a step back, trembling and exposing his neck. He shouldn't be calling anyone pathetic when he acts like this. I scoff.

"When is their ceremony?"

"New year's eve." He wasn't joking. That is soon. I smirk, deciding that it would be the perfect night for a party, and not the mating kind, but one a little more rough.

"Perfect."

✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥ ✄❥

It doesn't take long to set the plan into motion. The Red Alpha is distant. She doesn't have anything to say as I set the course of action. I don't mind, in fact I'm glad that she isn't involved much. She wants to kill Ezra, and she can, I'll let her. I want to take on Veiler.

Everyone shrinks at the mention of him. I want to see just how powerful he really is. The bastard is ancient, and I know he's been said to be unbeatable, but I don't buy it.

New Year's Eve comes quicker than I expected. Before I know it, it's time to attack once again, and this time I get to tag along and give my lycan side a turn to take over. Ever since the Red Alpha's black magic has touched me, I've loved killing. It dampens the darkness like nothing ever can. I don't like the fact that I love killing. It just makes me realize just how damned I really am.

Well, if I'm already going to hell, might as well go out with a bang.

I shift quickly, shredding my clothes in the process. I likely won't need them after all this is over. Dead men don't need clothes.

My lycan form is too large, bending trees and thundering the ground with each gallop of my white paws. The wind and snow whistling through my coat is a relief after all this time of being stuck in my two legged body. I'm free now.