Ending One: Try To Call

"Dabi, it's me, (Y/N)... call me when you get the chance, okay?"

Read next voice mail?

-Yes-

"Hey Dabi... it's been a month... I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you... and i miss you... Please call me when you get the chance..."

Read next voice mail?

-Yes-

"I don't have a clue what I did wrong... but I just want you to know that I'm sorry. I know I haven't been who you wanted me to be, no matter how hard I tried to be. I know I can't be the villain you want me to be. I know that we weren't meant to be in the first place. But... I know what I felt with you. I felt happy for the first time in a very, very long time... and you made me feel safe and loved, even if you never said it. I realize what I said in the woods a year ago wasn't what I meant, because I don't like you Dabi... I love you... and I miss you with all I've got... I don't know if you'll even hear this message, and I don't know where you are, but I want you to know that I'll always love you, okay? I will..."

I was being truthful, I had no idea where Dabi had ended up, and I had no intention of bothering him again... but I knew that I would never really be happy again without him. I walk into my apartment after another day of fighting some street rats on the street, sighed, and laid on my bed, picking up my phone. My eyes widened when I saw a voicemail from a number I never expected to see in my phone again. I clicked the little button, put it to my ear, and closed my eyes.

"Hey (Y/N)... you know who this is. Well, if you hear this, I want you to know that I am sorry. If you hear this on time, I'll be in the woods at 9, okay? So, if you want to come see me... fuck it. Meet me there."

My eyes pricked with tears, but I threw my phone back up. What time was it anyways? 8:30. Great. I took no time changing out of my hero costume and darted out the door, creating electric platforms for me to jump on to get there faster. I sprinted and sprinted up high in the sky until I got there, dropping myself from the last platform onto one closer to the ground. When I looked around, all I saw was black. Pitch black. No Dabi.I looked around a minute or so, but nothing. I heard a small rustling in the leaves behind me, but I dared not move quickly. I turned around slowly, only to find Dabi standing in the middle of the path.

"Didn't think you'd show." The tears I had been holding back for so long had finally gotten to spill out as I hugged him tight.

"I-I don't know w-what I d-d-did wrong... but I'm sorry!!" He wrapped his arms around me and held me, kissing the top of my head.

"You did nothing wrong. I was angry I couldn't be what you wanted me to be." I looked up to him, my eyes wide with surprise.

"What I wanted you to be? D-Dabi... you're exactly who I want you to be... You're you. I love you, Dabi..." We stood there hugging each other for what felt like ages, until he finally decided to let go.

"(Y/N), I was stupid. I know what I did was not right, and I should have talked to you about it instead of pushing you away.. Especially for this long. I..." he takes a deep breath, and I grab his hands, holding them tight. "(Y/N), my Angel... I love you, okay? I do." He leaned in and kissed me. Not rough like I was used to, but gentle and sweet. It wasn't a kiss of passion... but a kiss of love. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. I knew he was bending down at this point, and the thought of it made me giggle a little. When we released from our kiss, he looked at me with amusement in his eyes.

"What's so funny?" I hold my hand over my mouth.

"You had to get down so much!" I laugh, and he rolls his eyes.

"You're short." He says bluntly, making me laugh more, and I hugged him around the waist.

"Nah, just vertically challenged."

"Hey (Y/N)?" I looked up at him, and he gently pried himself off of me. He got down on one knee and looked up at me.

"I know I did you wrong... but I want to work this out as humans. Not as heroes and villains. I want to be with you, (Y/N). I want that more than anything in the world. I didn't realize what I had until I lost it. I need you in my life, Angel. All of you. Not just your idiocracy. I need YOU. Even if you want to be a hero. Even if you want to be a bitch sometimes. I need all of you. Please, allow me to be with you, for real this time." I got down on my knees, and he looked at me puzzled. I grabbed his hands in mine once more and smiled softly.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear that." I kissed him softly, letting go of his hands and wrapping them around his neck once more. He pulled me in, holding me at my waist. It seemed as if we could have stayed that way forever, but we ended up falling backwards due to Dabi's clumsiness. We laughed at our situation, not letting each other go.

I cuddled up beside him on the cool grass under the light of the moon, only shielded by the trees around us. I looked at Dabi, who was looking up at the sky, and smiled. This was all I had wanted from the world... and I got it.