Chapter 2

I started walking towards the front of the train until I hear a mans voice yell
???: "all aboard!" I turned towards the voice and saw a man. I couldn't see him well since the smoke was in the way.
???: "all aboard!" He repeated. I walked towards the man slowly and steady. I finally got a good look of the man. Dark Brownish hair with a mustache. His uniform was very formal and his cap said "conductor".
Conductor: "well, you coming?" I was confused.
John: "where?" I said gently.
Conductor: "well, to the North Pole of course! This is the Polar Express!" He yells out.
John: "The North Pole?" I questioned.
Conductor: "I see" He gives me his lantern to carry and grabs a clipboard from the train wall.
Conductor: "is this you?" He shows me a paper filled with names on it. There, my name was shown. John Lennon. I was a little terrified.
John: "yeah"
Conductor: "well it says here no photo from mall Santa this year. No letter to Santa and you made your aunt put up the milk and cookies." He puts the clipboard away and grabs the lantern from me.
Conductor: "sounds to me that this might be a crucial year for you and if I were you"
Conductor: "I would think about climbing in board" He says in a low tone. The conductor grabs from his pocket a small watch.
Conductor: "come on come on, I've got a schedule." I shook my head and backed away.
Conductor: "suit yourself" He climbed on the stairs and waved his lantern to the people on the front of the train signalizing to start the train. I started thinking to myself if I should go on the train. Should I go on an adventure? Will aunt Mimi notice I'm gone? I watch the train slowly move. I decided to go. I grabbed the safety handle and climbed on board. The train started moving faster and faster, I stood there with holding both of the safety handles. The wind blew quickly which made me shiver. I hear the conductor cough for my attention. I turned to him and saw him sliding the other door open to a seating room. He direct his hand towards the door telling me I should go in. I climbed up the stairs and went inside the room. Kids playing down the hallway and seats. The conductor slides the door behind me. I slowly walk towards the hallway. There was a boy with black hair and pink pajamas looking at me. I glanced at him and sat on another pair of seats next to him all alone...........