Chapter 4

The train stopped by a house. George and I rolled down our windows and watched the kid make his away towards the train. The conductor came out and talked to him.
George: "ah, it's just another pick up. that's weird, I thought you were suppose to be the last one." I didn't respond and kept watching them. I heard the same saying as I got. I was quite curious if the boy will take the conductors offer. The boy backed away.
Conductor: "suit yourself" the conductor stepped back onto the train. He swing his lantern and the train started moving again. We slowly pass by the boy. The boy had brown hair with dark tan pajamas. We both made eye contact with each other. I waved to him slowly. As soon as we were about to get faster, he started running in a slow pace. He wanted to get on!
John: "hey, that kid wants to get in the train." Everybody ignored me. I continue looking at the boy.
John: "come on!" I yelled to encourage him. He runs a little faster.
John: "hurry up!" He slows down and falls on the snow face flat. I couldn't leave the boy behind. I looked away from the window and jumped out of my seat. Paul and George did the same.
John: "we have to stop the train" I told them.
Paul: "I don't know how to stop the train!"
George: "pull the emergency brake!" He points to the emergency brake on the wall. I go towards the brakes and pulled it down. The train stops moving and everybody fell forward or backward. We all slowly got up and fix ourselves. As I got up, I see the boy get in the train from the circular window on the door. I waved to him but he ignored me and went to another train car with nobody in it. Paul and I look at each other in confusion. Suddenly, the conductor slides the other door open and shouts.
Conductor: "who in the blazing pull the emergency brake?!" George points at me.
George: "he did!"
John: "George!" I yell at him.
Conductor: "you!" He marches towards me.
Conductor: "in case you did know, that cord is for emergency purposes only." He walks towards the window, puts his hand out and waves it to the people who we're driving the drive to keep the train going.
Conductor: "and in case if you weren't aware, tonight is Christmas Eve. And in case you haven't notice." He said facing towards me.
Conductor: "this train is on a very tight schedule now young man, Christmas may not be important to some people but it's very important to the rest of us!"
John: "but but but but but I-"
Paul: "he was trying to stop the train so that kid could get on" Paul points to the train car the boy was on. The conductor saw the boy about to sit down.
Conductor: "hm. I see. Young man, is that what happened?" He asks me. I nod quickly.
Conductor: "well, let me remind you, we are on a very tight schedule." He picks out from his pocket his watch and sees the time.
Conductor: "and I never been this late before!" He says while walking back to the other sliding door.
Conductor: "and I'm certainly not going to be late tonight!" He stands there.
Conductor: "now everybody! Take your seats please! Everybody ran to there seats and so did I. As soon as we were all seated he said.
Conductor: "Thank you......"