•°• Chapter 08 •°•

At the hospital...

Mio's POV

I was hiding behind the wall since I accidentally eavedropped on their conversation. Guilt was starting to squeeze my guts so hard to the point I wanted to vomit.

I clenched my stomach while my right hand covered my mouth, trying to hold back the urge to throw up. Listening to Deku-san's and Phantom Thief-san's conversation wasn't a good idea.

It was my fault... It was my fault... That Deku-san's sidekick...

Tears welled up in my eyes. When my eyelids fell shut, tears trickled down my cheeks. I wanted to come out and apologize...

But it will only make matter worse.

Deku-san looks like she has calmed down a little bit, thanks to Phantom Thief-san. So I don't want to ruin the moment.

I will show up myself once everything has fully calmed down.

Midoriya's POV

So warm... Being in Monoma-kun's arms... Are so warm...

But why I feel cold inside at the same time?

"I'm just thinking about the woman I love..."

A rush of realization hit me when Monoma-kun's words from that night rang in my mind. I harshly untangled myself from my former schoolmate and looked away from him.

"Midoriya, what is wrong?" Monoma-kun asked me, tilting his head in curiosity. "Why did...you hug me?" I husked out, hugging myself shakily.

"Huh? Why? It is just a hug. Not a big deal-"

"Of course it is a big deal!" I cut Monoma-kun's sentence off, turning my head to him back. I was really angry because of his thoughtless action. What was he thinking, hugging me in public when he already had a girlfriend?!

"What are you..."

"Monoma-kun, you have a girlfriend! You should not be hugging other woman beside you lover! That is wrong!" I exclaimed furiously, hitting my laps out of impatience.

Monoma-kun seemed even more confused than before. His eyebrows were furrowing puzzledly while his eyes locked on my face, asking for explanation.

"Girlfriend? What are you even talking about? I have never dated anyone, let alone having girlfriend." He stated calmly. I was still progressing everything he told me. From the tone of his voice, I didn't think he was lying.

"But... But you mentioned before... During the dinner... That you were thinking of the woman you love." My heart extremely ached when I said that word. I was hesitating, because it hurt me to know that Monoma-kun already belonged to someone else...

But I turned out to be wrong...

"Well... Yeah, I did mention that. And I wasn't lying. I was REALLY thinking about the woman I love.. But I never have the chance to confess to her." Monoma-kun scratched his cheek lightly, his face burning up with crimson shades.

OH.

MY GOD.

Red shades slowly creeped up my entire feature. I exploded out of embarrassment. Immediately, I clamped my face to hide.