CHAPTER 10.

ZED'S POV

Anger begins to creep in as I try to shout for them to stop but instead, a growling sound escapes my throat. Instead of slowing down, everything instantly stops moving this time. I fly quickly to where Eva is and knock the guard down before everything comes back to life. Eva starts falling and I put my arms behind her to support her before carrying her up. She's unconscious so I fly quickly towards the portal and even I am surprised at the speed at which I can fly.

Getting to the portal, I stand and look back at everyone with anger. The blood in my veins are boiling hot and my heart is beating so fast and hard against my chest. I look over to where I was stabbed and see Jaqman standing there. I was stabbed by my classmate. I stare at him distastefully before shaking my head and flying out of the portal.

I see a crowd of angels around as I fly out the portal. They look at me with wide eyes and I'm sure they're trying to figure out why I am bleeding and Eva is unconscious. I fly up to the roof of a building facing the portal. As much as I'd love to fly away from here, I'm at my limit. I lay Eva down on the roof top as I feel myself losing consciousness.

Puffer, Buttertooth and Mrs Purplestorm are on the roof with us in just seconds. Puffer helps me sit up and I see the rest of my classmates, Elders and guards coming out of the portal and once they were all out, the portal closes.

"You all are not allowed to touch or harm those two younglings for these are the words of God: Touch not my chosen and do my priestess no harm. For I have picked them to bring peace and balance to the world. That is the prophesy," the working angel says and his voice echoes round the whole place.

"If you heed not to the words of God, you shall be destroyed immediately. My work here is done. Peace be with you all." He starts flying upwards and a bright light takes over, causing everyone to close their eyes.

Once everywhere is normal again, I finally lose consciousness, falling from the roof to the ground and everything turns void.

~'~

EVA'S POV

Buttertooth and my mom have refused to let me get up from bed. I woke up in my room very confused but Buttertooth explained everything to me. Apparently, Mrs Purplestorm and Puffer had carried me home and have gone back to take care of Zed. Buttertooth just followed from behind as a result of her lack of strength. She's such a friend, ha-ha.

Also, I had been asleep for five hours. They are making a huge fuss over my health, especially my mom.

Buttertooth sits beside my bed. "Zed was really awesome today."

I look at her and she half smiles. I take a deep breath before deciding to go against my mom and sit down. I am not hurt, thanks to Zed. I really owe him big time.

"Yeah. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. They made me promise not to tell anyone," I say, feeling really guilty for not telling her about Zed being the late King Lucifer's son. She smiles and shakes her head.

"I understand. It was necessary for Zed's safety. I just can't believe the late King Lucifer had a son, a really hot son." She winks at me and I slap her arm playfully as we both burst into laughter.

"How's he?" I ask and I can see her smile falter. She looks down and starts playing with her fingers.

"I don't know. Mrs Purplestorm said he lost a lot of blood. When I saw him, he looked so pale and almost completely white," she replies without looking at me.

My body starts shaking and my heart feels heavy. I look at my palms and I see the symbols from earlier were still there. My hands are trembling. I lay down fully on my bed as tears start forming in my eyes.

"Why did all these happen? Zed is hurt and I think he's dying. He was already hurt and yet he saved me. They were going to kill me." I whisper to myself.

I close my eyes when I start feeling tears strolling down from my eyes to my ears. I turn to lie down with my sides so that Buttertooth won't see me crying but I guess she already saw me because she climbs the bed and cleans my face with her handkerchief. I sob harder as the thought of Zed dying hits me. My chest tightens and it becomes hard to breathe.

"Why am I feeling this way?" The feeling of losing someone important begins to overwhelm me.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I miss Zed. We haven't talked much but the few times he was with me, I felt different. I remember the feeling of his lips slightly touching mine earlier today. My insides were screaming 'kiss me'. I miss his eyes looking at me. I don't know why but it always made me feel wanted. I miss him calling me babe. I know it sound stupid thinking this way like I know this boy but I can't lie to myself. Zed is full of mysteries and I like that about him.

"Do you find it stupid that I like Zed even if I just started knowing him?" I laugh tiredly at myself as I ask Buttertooth. My body starts to relax as I talk about him.

"No, I don't. Honestly, I'm surprised you hadn't talked to Zed until yesterday. I remember you always talked about wanting to see him again a few years back," she says, causing me to sit up and look at her.

"No, I never did that," I countered quickly. I didn't even know Zed till yesterday.

"You don't remember, do you?" She looks at me with a facial expression I can't decipher. Now that I think about it, Zed does look familiar in a way and Buttertooth keeps giving me the impression that she knows him.

"I don't know what you're talking about but if you remember something that I don't, then tell me." I raise my hands and release a deep breath while shaking my head.

"Eva. The boy you kissed two years ago was Zed," she says with an amused smile and my eyes widen in sudden realization.