CHAPTER 37.

It's been two days since we found out about Zed's grandmother and he's not said even a word to anybody. Mrs Purplestorm and I have been talking about the best way to stop the demons on the night of the zero moon.

We decided then that it'll be best if we stop it from the centre of Gravicta and that's what brought us to the palace ruins, the place the late King stayed to rule the whole of Gravicta. The buildings are now completely destroyed and the black walls are proof of the fire that killed everyone, my dad and Zed's parents included.

Zed stares at the ruins quietly. It must be hard to look at considering he once stayed here with his parents. I decide to go talk to him, leaving Buttertooth, Rigo and Puffer in an enclosed space Mrs Purplestorm created for us earlier.

"Hey," I say once I reach his side.

He turns to face me, his eyes red with black sacks surrounding them. He probably didn't sleep long and it also seems like he's been crying. My heart aches, causing me to place my hands on my chest.

"Talk to me Zed. You know I'm here for you no matter what happens," I say and he nods, facing the ruins again.

"This... This used to be..." He says, struggling with his words.

"I know. It used to be a place. A place where you lived with your family. I'm sorry about what happened but I want you to know that I also lost my Dad here," I say and he stares at me, eyes widened for only a second.

"I'm sorry," he manages to say but I shut him up with a wave of my hand.

"It's harder on you because you knew them before they died, I know. You saw them die; I know. Your grandma just died too; I know. But Zed you've got us. We are also a part of your family remember? We need you to be strong," I say, tears threatening to come out.

"Thanks Eve. I'm sorry I'm behaving this way. I'll try to be okay for you all," he says with a small smile.

"Good. Now take this," I say, opening my right hand and saying, 'appear'. A small necklace appears and I give it to him.

"Wow. I didn't know you could do that too. Thank you," he says and takes the necklace, wearing it on his neck.

"You're welcome," I say, lifting myself up and placing a peck on his cheek. "We've got only an hour before it's seven. We need to be prepared for this."

"Evalaine, come let's get this place ready," Mrs Purplestorm calls out.

"On my way," I shout back and hug Zed before leaving.

Zed will be fine and that makes me happy. I smile to myself as I walk over to Mrs Purplestorm and Filn. Once inside the ruins, I see that they are both looking around the place.

"This place used to be really pretty," Mrs Purplestorm says, a sad smile on her face.

"I guess you would know," I sigh and look around too.

"We need to make this place echo sounds to the whole of Gravicta. Anything said here should be able to sound everywhere on the planet," Mrs Purplestorm says.

"Wow that's really big. How do we do it?" I ask and she smirks.

"The two of us can do it together because it'll really take a lot of energy for one person," she says and takes my hands in hers.

"What do we say? We need to say a command speech together, right?" I ask and she nods and releases my hands, thinking for a moment.

"Let's say something like; Hear me now. Whatever is said in this circle, echo through the whole of Gravicta for I, the Priestess of Gravicta has commanded," she says, taking a stone in her hand and saying, 'draw'. The stone falls and draws a big circle around us.

"Okay let's do this," I say and we hold hands again, Filn watching.

Mrs Purplestorm and I close our eyes and say, "Hear me now. Whatever is said in this circle, echo through the whole of Gravicta for I, the Priestess of Gravicta has commanded."

The ground shakes for a while, causing us to almost loose balance but then it stops and we walk out of the circle but not before I say hello and it sounds so loud. It worked.

"Purplestorm!" Filn screams and I turn to see Mrs Purplestorm on the ground.

"What happened?" I say and Filn stares at me for a while before closing her eyes, saying something beneath her breath and a light comes out of her hands, entering Mrs Purplestorm.

"She's dying. She probably used up too much of her energy. How are you not tired from the spell or whatever yours is called?" Filn yells and I flinch.

"I don't know. I did as she asked," I defend but she glares at me.

"Just try healing her," she spits.

I place my hands on Mrs Purplestorm and close my eyes, imagining her healed and when I open my eyes, she coughs. Her eyes open slowly and she gently sits up.

"We need to leave here now. Where's Zed and Decklan?" she says immediately as though she didn't know that she almost died just now.

"They are outside," I say and she gets up hurriedly.

"It's starting already," she says and I realize what she means instantly.

I get up and run out, looking for Zed and Decklan but when I get outside, I see them staring up as though they can see something in the sky. I look up to see that there's really no sign of a moon but aside that, there's nothing there.

"Zed you need to go inside. There's a circle we built that helps to enhance sounds so you stay inside it and do the devil's cry," I say and he nods.

Decklan follows him in while Mrs Purplestorm and Filn both come out. I call Rigo, Puffer and Buttertooth to come out from the safe place I left them at earlier and I create a barrier to protect us all from the sound.

A loud growl still makes us close our ears though. I look inside to see that a demon has appeared and it has Zed by his neck already.

"Oh no, Zed!"