CHAPTER 46.

EVA'S POV

It's been only two weeks since the fight with Decklan and Filn but Gravicta has changed a lot. Watching Zed talk to some elders and they actually laugh is proof enough.

"Eva." Katlaine's voice drags me out of my thoughts.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in surprise.

Not that I don't want her here. It's just that she's black winged and being in the city of the Frees is dangerous.

"We were called for an important announcement. We wouldn't want to miss out on the selection of the King now, would we?" She says excitedly.

"Huh? The selection? It's today?" I ask in confusion.

"How are you dating the future King and yet not know about this?" She shakes her head in disbelief, a small smile breaking out.

I feel my cheeks heat up. Zed had officially asked me out and I didn't hesitate to answer but I still can't get used to being called out that way.

"Whatever. I've just been busy," I tell her, defending myself.

"Sure, you were." She smirks and looks around.

"Where's Buttertooth and Mrs Purplestorm?" She asks.

"They are around. Mrs Purplestorm's place isn't far from here. Buttertooth and Puffer are there," I reply quickly as I notice Zed coming over.

"Hey babe." He smiles before turning to Kat. "You made it."

"Duh. We all did." She grins and he laughs.

"Good. Let's head over to the Gates then. Everyone is waiting," Zed says and we all fly towards the Gates.

The streets of the city are empty but there's a loud roar at the Gates when we arrive. Puffer, Buttertooth and Mrs Purplestorm are already there too.

"Mom help Rigo out," Zed says and Mrs Purplestorm says something, making Rigo float towards us.

"Thank you all for coming here on such short notice," Zed shouts and the crowd calms.

"As you know, the crown is to be placed on a head today. But since there seems to be an important business to attend to, I thought to make it as quick as possible," Zed continues.

Even I become confused. What important business is he referring to? Does he also plan to take the crown like this?

"I now call on my mother to bring the crown forward," Zed says and Mrs Purplestorm raises the crown.

Everyone bows immediately, including Puffer, Buttertooth, Rigo, Katlaine and myself. The Elders floating beside us only bow for a brief moment but raise their heads after.

"It is with great honour that we, the elders announce the King of Gravicta, second to the throne," an Elder speaks up and takes the crown from Mrs Purplestorm.

Zed taps me and I raise my head. "You're not meant to bow."

I offer a small smile as everyone raises their heads to see the new King being crowned. I spot my mother trying to control the tears coming out of her eyes. She smiles at me and nods.

Looking at Zed, I whisper, "You make a fine King."

"With you by my side, yes I do. Now shh." He smiles at me. "Rigo, Puffer, Kat, Butter come by my side."

With that, the whole crew is complete. He grins and nods at the Elder who holds the crown.

"All hail..." The Elder flies towards us and slowly makes his way past Zed. "King Puffer."

My eyes widen as I look up to see Zed smiling. He must have planned this. Puffer's eyes look as though they could pop out any moment. It seems he also didn't know about it. Nobody did.

The crown is placed on Puffer's head and the crowd bows again, cheering their new King. Puffer turns to Zed and stares long at him before nodding his head in understanding and hugging him.

"C'mon you have to address your people... Your highness," Zed says and Puffer playfully slaps his arms.

"I am honoured to be your King," Puffer shouts and the noise dies out. "There isn't much to say except we are a family and we will live as one."

"Gravicta has been through a lot and I'm sure every one of you knows that. As from now hence forth, there are no restrictions to where anyone can be. The Freestars, Fallens, Forgottens and Flightless are now one. This is my first order as the King."

"I want you to understand that though I am the King of Gravicta, there is also another King who lives amongst us. The King of Hell and trust me you don't want to dare him. I've seen what he can do."

The crowd laughs. Puffer shakes Zed and everyone hails again. I watch as the two Kings smile at the people and I wonder what will become of Gravicta with these two boys. A smile appears on my face.

"A party will be held tonight and everybody is invited. Tonight, we celebrate Family," Puffer says out loud and that ended his speech.

As the guards help everyone into the city, I turn to see my mom flying over to us.

"Ma'am you're not allowed here for now." A guard stops her but Puffer tells him to let her be.

"Mom," I say and hug her.

She smiles and shakes her head slowly. "I am so proud of you sweety. I'm very sure your dad is too."

This makes me smile even more. I turn to Kat and call her over. "Mom this is Katlaine, my sister."

"I knew she was my daughter immediately I saw her." Mom rushes her with a tight hug.

"Hey," Kat only says but I can see how happy she is as a blush appears on her cheeks.

"I'll be waiting for you two at home okay?" Mom kisses our foreheads and leaves.

"She's nice," Kat says and I roll my eyes.

"Of course, she is. She's the best." I grin.

"I'm happy for you two but there's really something I think I need your help with," Zed says, grabbing our attention.

Everyone gathers round him, including Mrs Purplestorm. This must be why he decided that something as important as the selection of the King had to be done quickly.

"I got a letter a few days ago but I didn't want to ruin everyone's mood so I had to wait for Puffer to be titled," he says.

"A letter?" Puffer asks.

"Yes." He reaches for his pocket and brings out a folded piece of paper and gives it to Puffer.

Puffer unfolds the paper and reads it out. "I see you defeated Decklan. I must say that you saved Gravicta this time but don't think it's over yet. In fact, it's only just begun. I am coming for you all."

"Who do you think wrote this?" Rigo asks.

"Turn the back of the paper and you'll see," Zed spits out bitterly.

Puffer turns it and my breathing seizes, seeing the name that's written there. How is this even possible? I turn to look at Mrs Purplestorm and I can see that she's as surprised as we are.

I turn to Zed and ask the question everyone is dreading to ask. "Your father's alive?"