CHAPTER 13.

Waking up to the blinding lights sneaking in through my window, I sit up and reminisce about what happened a few hours ago, not knowing when Buttertooth comes in.

"Took you long enough. How are you able to sleep that long?" She says as she sits beside me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I lay back down to embrace the comfortability of the sheets on my bed.

"It's already twelve in the afternoon!" She screams and drags me up. "You need to get up and do something."

"I don't feel like doing anything today." I groan.

"We graduated yesterday. We need to start going for job interviews or something," she says.

Rolling my eyes, I sigh. "You know I've never really wanted to work for someone. I just can't."

"Which is why I was thinking we could start our homemade bakery like we talked about," she whines, making me to place my pillow on my face to block out her blabbering.

"Listen to me! You're getting up right now and we're going to bake stuff." She grabs my arm and drags me out of my room.

"At least let me brush my teeth or something. My morning breath is terrible," I complain and she lets go.

"You've got five minutes."

"Yes ma'am." I roll my eyes and walk away, heading for the bathroom.

You would think I'd be the mature one but honestly, we have our moments. Sometimes she's the bossy one and sometimes I am. I'm way too excited this morning to even bother arguing with her.

It takes me exactly five minutes to freshen up and get downstairs to join Buttertooth who has already gotten started with setting up for our first cake.

"Tell me why we can't do this at your house again?" I ask dryly as I join her in setting things up.

"My parents don't like the fact that I want to bake cakes and pies for a living. They want me to run the family business remember?" She rolls her eyes and starts mixing the flour.

Her parents run a small cloth store and have always wanted her to take over but she's always been a baker. The fact that I supported her and told her to follow her heart makes me a bad person to them now.

"I'm sure your parents still hate me," I say and she smiles.

"Yap. You're dead to them." She nods, confirming my thoughts and I shake my head.

"Do you think I can make it up to them?" I half smile.

"Don't worry about it. Someday they'll get over it," she says to assure me, also nudging me in the process.

With a small sigh, I decide to forget about it. "I snuck out earlier this morning."

"You did? Why? Where did you go to? You know it's not safe for you to be going out on your own now." She stops everything to look at me.

"I'm fine. They can't harm me remember? I'm part of the prophesy or whatever," I say with a playful grin and she laughs.

"Okay then. But where did you sneak off to?" She looks at me expectantly.

"I wanted to see Zed. So, I may have gone to Mrs Purplestorm's house," I say shyly.

She gasps with wide eyes. "You went to Mrs Purplestorm's house around like four or so in the morning? Just because you felt like seeing Zed?"

"First of all, it was only like around twelve in the morning. Secondly, I didn't enter her house. We met outside and talked for a while," I retort and she laughs.

"Wait! You two actually saw? Like you both sat outside and talked?" She continues with the baking.

"Yeah. We talked and then we got interrupted and then he offered to walk me home and then we kissed–"

"You kissed?" She screams with a full-blown grin and widened eyes, excitement radiating from her.

I roll my eyes and chuckle. "Well he basically told me he wanted to kiss me and I let him."

"Gosh you're such a bad girl. I never knew you had it in you," she teases and I roll my eyes again. "I want details though."

I start telling her everything that happened, including how Decklan showed up. We talk while baking and, in a few hours, we were done with two cakes. The thing is, I hadn't thought about the most important thing before agreeing to bake these cakes with her.

"Hey Butter," I call as I stare at the beauties we had just baked.

"Hmm?" She hums distractedly.

"Who did we bake these cakes for?" I peel my eyes off the cakes to stare at her.

A small smile takes over her face. "Nobody."

I glare at her as I try to prevent myself from screaming. "You made me bake these for three hours for nobody?"

"Hey calm down tiger. It's been a while since we baked so I thought it'll be nice we took our minds off yesterday and baked something nice together," she says, still grinning while I sigh and shake my head.

"How did I get to meet you again?" I start heading upstairs to shower, leaving her to cover the cakes.

"At least now we could take something with us when going to Mrs Purplestorm's house," she yells.

I run back down the stairs. "We're going there?"

"Of course, we are going there. It wouldn't be nice if we didn't pretend like we still don't know how Zed is doing." She laughs out.

"So, we are taking a cake? You only planned this after I told you everything, didn't you?"

"Well I thought it as the perfect excuse to see him again," she says with a quirky smile. "Plus, I didn't think getting your mind off yesterday was reason enough to make you bake but when you told me all those stuff that happened this morning, the whole idea just popped into my head."

"You're stupid, you know that right?" I roll my eyes and laugh.

"But smart too." She winks. "You're welcome."