CHAPTER 32.

I look at him only to see that his reddish-brown eyes are lazy, calm and warm. Smiling, I gently reach out for his face, placing a kiss on his cheeks.

"I know you two have stuff to do but we actually have something important to talk about," Decklan says and my eyes widen in surprise.

I totally forgot people were in my room. My cheeks heat up in embarrassment and I look down at Katlaine, trying to hide my face. Zed lets out a soft chuckle before speaking up.

"I gathered the three of you here to explain what Decklan, Katlaine and I have been after," he says and looks at Decklan who nods slowly.

Picking up the bag he kept before, he opens it and brings out two items. "These are the parts of the great weapon called the Devil's Trident. It was the weapon wielded by my father."

"Those things just look similar to a letter U and a sharp arrow," Buttertooth says, pointing at the two things in Zed's hand.

Zed shrugs and places the arrow thingy in the middle of the letter U shaped one and it joins instantly. "This is the head of the Trident. We need to get the remaining two parts."

"Wow. How did you know about this weird looking fork headed weapon?" Buttertooth asks and everyone laughs at her description of the Trident.

"Well I used to be the King's right-hand man so I got to know a lot of things," Decklan replies her with an amused smile playing on his lips.

"Just the late King's right-hand man huh?" I say in a whisper but I guess he heard me because he stares at me weirdly. "What?"

"Nothing. I just thought you were going to say more than that," he says, his face now lacking any sign of amusement.

It looks to me like I hit a spot so I push further. "Tell me, why did you react that way when you saw Mrs Purplestorm the night we found you all heading to this city?"

He looks at me as if trying to read me but after a few seconds, he sighs. "As you all already know, she's a Forgotten. I only didn't notice she was until I saw her that night."

"Just that?" I ask, pushing even further.

"Is there something you want to hear? Or maybe you know something and you're trying to confirm," he says, staring a hole into my eyes.

"Evalaine," Zed calls and I snap out of our little staring contest. Looking at Zed, I notice that I had gone overboard with my interrogation.

"I'm sorry," I mumble but Decklan cocks his head sideways a little, showing confusion.

"So how did you notice she was a Forgotten that night?" Zed asks, changing the subject and calming the tension.

I really wanted him to admit knowing that Mrs Purplestorm is his mother and that he is Zed's half-brother. I have a feeling that he knows but he has always been the mysterious type of angel. I just can't figure out what he's thinking or doing.

"Well I have known about the four Fs of Gravicta for a while now. I've also stayed by the side of the late King Lucifer and one thing I did learn is how to sense strong aura. When I saw her, I felt something and I figured she must be the first Forgotten who supposedly has a lot of power," he explains.

"So, you mean nobody else has as much power as she does?" Buttertooth asks.

"I can feel something from Zed but it's really little. Evalaine on the other hand, I feel something so wrong yet so right. I can't explain it though. It's kind of overwhelming," he says and all eyes turn to me.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I start getting uncomfortable with all the attention.

"I really don't know but you are too young to be the first Forgotten so I didn't bother tagging you as her." He shrugs.

"So, you're saying that Eva has as much aura as Mrs Purplestorm?" Zed asks this time.

"Yes. Now back to the reason for this meeting," Decklan says, dismissing any other question.

"Oh yes, um about the Trident. Decklan thinks it'll give me more power to stop the night of the zero moon..." Zed starts but gets cut off when Decklan lifts his hand.

"I don't think it'll give you more power. I know it will," he says and smirks, his eyes turning a darker shade.

"Okay. There are basically four pieces of the Trident. We both snuck into the museum back when we were in the City of the Frees and stole the first piece. The Fallens gave us the piece hidden here, making it two now."

"Wait, you two stole something from the museum?" I ask.

"Yep and although we got caught, we managed to escape with only minor injuries," Decklan says plainly.

"Too much information." Zed rolls his eyes.

"You got injured huh? I actually felt it you know," I say, looking down at Katlaine who is still sleeping soundly.

"You got hurt and she felt it. But still, you left her without talking to her first. Do you know what would have really happened to her if you got badly injured? That's not the definition of keeping someone you love safe," Puffer says and, in that moment, I remember he's actually here too.

"I didn't know she felt it. Eva I'm so sorry I was just trying to keep you safe but I became insensitive to the fact that I would still be hurting you," Zed apologizes and I smile briefly at him before taking a look at Puffer who has a blank face on.

"Um how did you treat your injuries then?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"I had Katlaine wait for us outside the City so she fixed us up," Decklan says.

"Puffer I'm sorry I left the way I did. I really miss my best friend and I'm not going to change the subject and act like nothing is going on. We all make mistakes and leaving that way was a huge one but the thing is if I could go back and change it, I wouldn't. I wouldn't because it made me see how much you all care about me. If you didn't, I don't think we'll be having this conversation right now," Zed says, looking at Puffer who doesn't say a word.

"I guess all I'm trying to say is I'm sorry I ruined our friendship. I know trust is something a good friendship must have and I swear I trust you with my life and I know you trust me with yours too and that's the reason I couldn't bear putting you in danger. Please forgive me," Zed finishes and Puffer sighs but his features are no longer as hard and emotionless as before.

"You owe me big time you fool," Puffer finally says after a long moment of silence.

Zed grins and reaches his hand out for a fist bump, a gesture which Puffer returns with a smile on his face too. It seems the two are finally okay and I'm glad.

Decklan claps his hands to grab our attentions. "Now we have that out of the way, I'm not so excited to tell you that we leave tonight."