CHAPTER 36.

Zed went missing after finding out his grandmother died. It's already been a whole night. Mrs Purplestorm came to see us and has told us not to worry about him. Decklan also went out to look for him, Filn following him. Buttertooth has decided to be nice to Katlaine all of a sudden.

My mind is a mess right now. I can't seem to figure out what to do to help Zed recover from this shock. I lay down, closing my eyes and joining my palms together.

"Hey Zed, be safe. You'll be okay. Uhm—" The door opens and I sit up to see that it's the woman with the accent from before.

"Good morning. The lady would like to see you," she says and I nod, getting up and following her.

She takes me to where Mrs Purplestorm is and when I step into the room, the first thing I see is that the windows are broken and some guys are fixing it up. I turn to examine the place thoroughly but my eyes meet Mrs Purplestorm.

"Hey. You're here," she says as she lifts a new window with magic, placing it in the frame for the guys.

"Yeah you asked for me," I say casually, earning weird looks from some of the guys around.

"Let's go outside," she says and heads out while I follow her. "You need to get used to that power of yours."

"Oh. So, we're going to train?" I ask as we finally stop at a place filled with huge rocks scattered everywhere.

"You could call it that," she says and levitates, sitting on one of the rocks. "This is where I used to blow off steam once in a while."

"That's crazy," I say, looking around, trying to examine the size of the rocks.

"So, let's start with the basics," she says and jumps down. "Watch this."

She touches the rock she just came down from and says, 'fly' and the rock leaves the ground, going up into the sky. We watch it for a while before she says, 'stop' and it stays still.

"Now that's really cool," I say, my eyes glued up at the big rock floating above us.

"Now try it," she says and we turn to another rock.

I close my eyes and touch the rock with both of my palms, picturing the rock floating and the rock leaves the ground, hanging at just about the same height in the air.

"You've gotten the hang of it already but you're still too slow," she says and looks up at both of the rocks, saying, 'fall' and they both fall.

"I have to first picture it in my mind before it happens," I say and she nods, thinking for a bit.

"Why don't you try commanding it instead of imagining it," she says, taking both of my palms in hers. "You see these two signs? They both have meanings."

"Huh?" I say, looking at the signs.

"There's a plus sign on your right hand and a multiplication sign on your left," she says, pointing at the signs on my palms.

"Yeah. Do you have them too?" I ask, figuring she should as the former Priestess.

"I used to. They both disappeared after I became a Forgotten. Never mind that," she says with a warm smile.

"Oh, so that's how it is huh? I thought you'd still have them, you know, as the former Priestess of Gravicta," I say and she laughs way too loudly.

"Who says I am a former Priestess?" She says, shaking her head.

"What do you mean? I clearly am the new Priestess of Gravicta," I say and she shakes her head more.

"I don't think that's the case. Unless you're trying to steal my position," she says and stands beside me.

"I don't understand—" I say but she hushes me.

"You'll understand soon enough. Now try this out," she says and lifts her right hand towards a place without rocks and says, 'appear' and a rock appears.

"Whoa! How did you do that?" I exclaim, taking a step back.

"The logic is simple. Your right hand creates or builds while your left cancels or destroys," she explains and lifts her left hand towards the rock and say, 'disappear' and it vanishes.

"It disappeared," I whisper and she laughs.

"Just have what you want in mind and you can create it. It's that simple," she says and I nod.

I stretch my right hand out, looking at the empty space, I say, 'appear' and a huge rock appears. My vision turns blurry for a moment but adjusts a few seconds later.

"What just happened?" I ask, looking at both of my palms.

"That's only a side effect. It takes energy to do stuff like that. Now know that if you want to do something really huge, you have to join both of your palms and say a command speech," she says.

"I don't get," I say and she takes in a deep breath and places her palms together.

"Oh ye rocks around me. Hear my voice and obey. Gather immediately for I, the Priestess of Gravicta has commanded," she says and all the rocks gather together with so much speed that it's hard for my eyes to follow.

"This is huge!" I scream, looking at the well lined up rocks.

"Yeah but don't do it now. We need your energy. The night of the zero moon is in three days so we leave tomorrow morning," she says, breathing fast.

"Okay. You should go and rest," I say and she nods.

"But before we go, I need you to know something. The Devil's Trident is now in your hands but it is not yet activated." She starts walking and I follow her.

"My advice is to not activate it unless it's really necessary if not, it could become a serious problem. If you want to activate it, hold it with both of your hands and say a command speech," she says.

"Okay. But we still need to find the fourth part of the weapon," I say and she laughs.

"Between me and you, the fourth part of the weapon is a Priestess." She smirks and flies away, leaving me to think about it.

I snicker, staring at her as she goes away before heading to my room. I open the door to see that Buttertooth and Katlaine are inside and they are actually talking about stuff, whatever that is.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Hey Eva. Zed's back but he's sleeping," Kat says and Buttertooth offers a half smile.

"Oh, thank goodness. Um we need to rest too cause we're leaving tomorrow morning. The night of the zero moon is now close," I say and they nod.

"Let's just pray this goes right."