Maximillion

Bella's POV

This morning I woke up at a more reasonable hour of 9am. My Dad must've carried me up here because last I remember I was falling asleep on the couch next to Jesse. I headed for the kitchen to make some breakfast. Checking my phone while I waited on my toast to ping, I saw I had a text from Whippet.

To Bella
Hey Bells, how you feeling? You still up for tomorrow? Hope Jesse didn't drive you too mad yesterday:P x
Whippet

I smiled at how caring Whippet is. But then I worried about having to go to the hospital tomorrow.. I was scared. I've never liked hospitals and doctors.

My heart started to pound and beads of sweat layered my forehead. I felt like someone had placed a weight on top of my chest.

I can't breathe.

With my phone still in my hand, on Whippet's text, I quickly pressed the call button with trembling fingers.

"Bella, you never call people, you alright?" Whippet's voice laughed through the phone after just one ring.

"Whip.. I.. c-can't... breathe." I stuttered out.

"Bella it's okay! Are you home?" He asked urgently.

I nodded before remembering he couldn't see me.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"I'm on my way, stay on the phone to me okay?"

I quickly unlocked the door so Whippet could get in when suddenly the toaster pinged and my now black toast popped out causing me to jump. Just seconds later, an out of breath Whippet came running in to my Dad's house in his uniform.

"Bella, talk to me, what's happened?" He said, worry evident in his voice. I shrugged, struggling to control my breathing.

"It's okay, breathe with me, in through your nose, out through your mouth." He put his hands on my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down.

"It's okay I'm here, in and out." He soothed.

Once my breathing calmed down a bit, tears rolled down my cheeks. I became so overwhelmed and scared, what had just happened to me?

"Come here." Whippet pulled me into a hug. "It's okay, I've got you." He said, rubbing my back as I cried.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. I felt guilty for bothering him but also ashamed for acting like this in front of him.

"Hey, you've got nothing to be sorry for." He said gently. "Come sit down, Maxi should be here at about 10."

I followed him to the couch. Looking at the clock I saw it was only half past 9.

How??

It felt like hours had passed. Sitting down next to Whippet, he gave me a reassuring smile but he still looked worried.

"I think you had a panic attack Bella." He looked cautious of how I'd react. But I didn't say anything, I was too shocked.

"What's going on in that head of yours ay?" He smiled gently.

"I don't know." I mumbled honestly.

Soon enough, after a long chat, Whippet left as his shift starts at 10 and not long after that, Maxi arrived.

"HEYYY!" He said loudly in a sing-song voice as he walked in carrying a few bags.

"Bells, are you okay?" He asked dropping his bags and running over to me, engulfing me in one of his bear hugs.