Batsh*t Crazy

Bella's POV

I was walking home from my Dad's house pretty tipsy! I told Jesse and Maxi they didn't have to wait on me at the beach as my talk with Dad went well so I would stay at his place for a bit. It's nearing 8pm and starting to get dark. My Dad would kill me if he knew I was walking home alone but I'm a big girl...

Relieved when I finally put my keys into the door, I was happy I could just relax for a bit. That was until I tried to shut the door upon entering my apartment when somebody's foot stopped it from closing. I laughed thinking it was Jesse and Maxi.

Ohhh, how wrong I was!

"What the hell are you doing here?" I exclaimed after opening the door.

"Look Bella, we need to talk... properly. We had so much chemistry when we first met, you can't just throw this away, what we have is spec-"

"What the fuck are you talking about? 'What we have' is nothing! And how do you know where I FREAKIN' LIVE." I cut him off, seriously confused out of my mind. "I knew you for five minutes, you're obviously on another planet up here." I pointed to my head.

What the heck is happening right now???

"I uh.. looked at your information on your medical records to find your address." He said, avoiding my eyes.

"You're not right." I laughed lightly at how crazy this whole situation was.

"Bella, please we can be together, think of all the fun we'd have." Brody pleaded, stepping into my apartment.

Oh hell. Nu uh! Not today Satan.

He grabbed my hand which I tried to take back but unfortunately he was stronger.

"You've gotta go, seriously dude you're like creeping me out..." I said stepping back after he stepped closer to me. "My friends stay just a couple doors down."

"Yeah they do, but I'm here too." I heard someone say.

Peering round Brody's shoulder I saw Whippet standing in the doorway, where my door was still open.

God, he looks pissed.

"Oh, it's you." Brody sneered, clearly reminiscing the incident at the hospital. "You can go now, I wanted some alone time with my girlfriend."

Jesus.

To my surprise, Whippet burst out laughing. Then suddenly he had Brody pinned up against the wall outside of the apartment.

That's more like Whip, but yikes!

"You take your creepy ass out of here and you don't ever come back! Don't look at her, don't touch her, don't even think about her! If I hear you've been harassing her again..."

This escalated quickly.

"Get out of here!!" Whippet exclaimed before shoving Brody in the direction of the elevator.

"So... you wanna drink?" I asked him with a cheesy smile on my face.

"Sure." He laughed and we walked into my apartment.

"How you doing?" He asked as I handed him a beer from the fridge.

"Good." I smiled.

"Bella, come on, it's me." He gave me a knowing look. "I know you've got so much going on in that little head of yours, you're so overwhelmed with everything going on and I get why, you're dealing with a health condition, the situation with your dad and now some creepy doctor."

"Okay that was weird... kinda felt like you were inside my head for a minute!" I retorted causing him to laugh.

"Come here." He stood up and opened his arms before pulling me into them. "You're like a little sister to me Bells, I know when something's up. And when something is wrong, you come talk to me or any of the guys."

I smiled to myself thinking of the great relationship I had with not only Whippet but all of the guys. I remember when I first started at the beach, I was so scared they would all hate me. Sounds silly I know, but I'm the boss' daughter... I was worried they'd think I didn't train and my Dad handed me the job, but he didn't and here we are!

"Wanna make a new cocktail with me?" I grinned at Whippet who's smile mirrored mine.

"Sure." He laughed, standing up and following me to the kitchen.

"If you like Pina Coladas!" We both sang while I mixed a bunch of fruit juice and alcohol in a huge pitcher jug. Whippet was shaking some sort of mix he was currently in the process of making.

"You know we're both working tomorrow?" Whippet laughed.

"Relax, we're not getting totally blitzed it's just one big cocktail." I giggled.

"Good... so what we calling this monstrosity?"

"How about... Batshit Crazy... after my new boyfriend." I grinned using air quotes around the word 'boyfriend' and Whippet laughed.

"More like after you, I heard about your snake adventure yesterday."

"Snakes are cool alright!" I defended. "Plus, what would you bunch of pansies have done without me there?"

"Shut up." He laughed giving me a playful shove. "Shall we raise a toast?"

"To snakes?" I asked confused.

"To Batshit Crazy." He smiled raising his glass up.

"To Batshit Crazy." I repeated, following his action and clinking our glasses together.

............................................................

hello lovely readers, I'm sorry this chapter was so short but the next one will be longer, if any of you have anything you want to see happen in the book PLEASE hit me with your ideas and let me know what you think of the story, thank you❤️