Celebrate Good Times

Bella's POV

"I'd like to raise a toast to my dad and Stacey, who knew this old man would finally find a woman." I joked and all the guys laughed.

We were currently at The Icebergs celebrating my dad's and Stacey's engagement with all the guys.

"To Hoppo and Stacey!" Harries cheered.

"To Hoppo and Stacey!" We all held up our glasses.

"I can't believe you managed to arrange all this yourself." Dad said looking around the place. I hired out The Icebergs for the night and decorated the place in engagement banners and balloons.

"Well I had help." I looked at Maxi and Jesse.

"Bert and Ernie." My dad laughed.

"You know it." I grinned. "Now get back to your fiancé." I pushed him in the direction of Stacey.

"Hey Nemo!" Reidy smiled at me as I sat across from him and next to Chappo.

"Last time we were here, you and I were pretty drunk." Chappo smiled and I laughed.

"Want me to get us some shots?" I grinned.

"Go for it!" Mouse said, sitting down and joining us while handing me some money.

"We're not getting so drunk this time! Alright?" Chappo laughed as I saluted him and quickly made my way to the bar.

"Hey Princess." Jesse grinned, slinging his arm round my shoulder. We were both sitting at the bar waiting to get served.

"Yo!" I smiled. "Wanna come have some shots with Reidy, Mouse, Chappo and yours truly?"

Jesse looked back at Maxi who was goofing around with Jake and Yatesy.

"Let's do it." He laughed. Once we got some shots, we made our way back to the booth.

"Ready boys?" I smirked looking at their worried faces.

"What the hell is that?" Reidy exclaimed.

"These are mixer bombs." I smiled innocently. "They're great fun, come on!"

Jesse and I handed the guys a shot each.

"3... 2... 1... GO!" Mouse shouted and each of us downed the liquid.

Hoppo's POV

"Hey Hop, we're gonna take this little drunk person home alright?" Jesse called over to me. Next to him Whippet was holding up a very intoxicated Bella and Maxi didn't look too good either.

"Look after her! And make sure she drinks some water, I'll call her tomorrow." I replied to him rolling my eyes.

"She's quite the handful huh?" Stacey asked, appearing beside me.

"Bella? Nah, she's a great kid." I was taken aback.

"Relax Bruce, I was just joking." She smiled at me and I sighed in relief. "You told me all about Bella, I trust your opinion. We do however need to do something about that room of hers though, we could turn it into whatever we like.. maybe a room for someone else." She winked.

"Woah, where did that come from?"

"I'm just thinking about our future Bruce." She smiled sweetly.

"You know I haven't told Bella about you moving in... that's the room she grew up in, it's not causing any harm."

"And I told you to stop keeping secrets from her Bruce, look what happened when you hid my entire existence from her."

"You're right." I sighed. "I'll tell her soon, I promise. Now come on, let's enjoy our engagement celebrations." I grinned, leading her up to the small dance floor.

Whippet's POV

I was currently sitting on the beach wall with Bella as we looked out onto the dark beach, the lights from the prom lowly lit up Bondi as we watched the waves.

Jesse had agreed to take Maxi home because Bella insisted on watching the 'waves hit the sand in the nights sky' I quote. The fresh air seemed to have sobered Bella up a little.

"I say we should go a swim, what'dya reckon?" Bella grinned at me cheekily.

I laughed and shook my head. "Absolutely not."

"You're no fun." She pouted.

"Hey I just don't think two lifeguards swimming in the sea for fun at nearly midnight will be a good look." I chuckled. "You haven't seen any more of that Brody guy have ya?"

"Nah, I think you scared him."

"Good." We both laughed. "You really are a little trouble magnet aren't ya?"

"Have been since I was a kid." She smiled at first but the smile began to disappear from her face and a look of realisation crossed her face as her eyes filled with tears.

"She was right." Bella mumbled.

"Who was right? What's up Bell's?"

"My Mum." Her voice cracked. I knew her Mum was a touchy subject but none of us knew what happened with her apart from Hoppo and a few of the older guys. I put my arm round her shoulder and leaned closer to her.

"Bell's I don't know what's wrong, you're gonna need to expand on that." I said gently.

"Before I came here with my Dad..." She trailed off. "My Mum always told me I was trouble, no good, a bad'un, worthless... the list goes on but I never realised till now she was right."

I sat in shock at the fact any parent could say such things to their child, tears cascaded down Bella's face and I was even more upset at the fact she believed it.

"Bell's no, come here." I whispered, pulling her to my chest as she started sobbing. Tears filled my own eyes with the thoughts of Bella carrying these thoughts with her for years.

"Hey, look at me." I whispered. "When I said you were trouble, I didn't mean it in a bad way at all. I meant that you're cheeky and you keep us on our toes." That got a small smile out of her.

"What your Mum said to you is so wrong Bell's, I'm glad she's not in your life anymore but I know whatever happened with her still affects you. You're not worthless, we all love you alright? And I don't want you thinking otherwise alright? Anytime you want to open up about this stuff you know I'm here, I know you don't like to talk about it but it's still got a huge impact on you, it might help to talk."

"Thanks Whip. Maybe you're right about talking about it." She smiled. "I'm sorry I've been so down recently, there's just a lot going on."

"Don't apologise, you're always there for me when I'm feeling low. Come on, let's get you home."

............................................................

long time no see guys!! ✌🏼
firstly I'm so sorry this book hasn't been updated for a millennium.
during lockdown I struggled a lot with my mental health therefore couldn't find motivation to continue writing, but now I've decided to get back to it as it gives me something to focus on.
I hope you are all well and safe❤️