I'll Be There For You

(I'll Be There For You- Boyce Avenue https://youtu.be/HRpqS9d2f74)

Third Person POV

It was nearing 9pm when Bella left her Dad's house. Tears streamed down her face as she walked down the dark street. She wasn't upset that her dad had finally found someone, she wasn't worried he'd forget about her now... she was hurt. Hurt that something so big was kept from her. Pulling out her phone, she clicked on one of her contacts and pressed the call button.

In The Icebergs, Jesse was chatting with Maxi and Harrison, each holding a drink, when his phone started vibrating. Excusing himself, he left the busy bar and made his way outside so he could hear the person on the other end.

"Bells, you okay? It's pretty late." He said into the phone as he answered.

"I uh... I don't know." She sighed, her voice breaking.

"What's up? Talk to me." He said, concern evident in his voice.

"Wait, shit, you're out with Maxi and Harrison! Fuck, I'm sorry Jesse. I forgot."

"Forget about that! Where are you? What's going on?"

"I just left my Dad's." She sighed.

"Oh..." He mumbled, feeling guilty as he knew what this was about. "Start heading down to the Icebergs and I'll meet you halfway. Be careful, I'll be there soon." Jesse said before hanging up and quickly walking in the direction of Hoppo's house which wasn't too far from the beach. He also sent Maxi a text explaining what had happened.

"Hey you." Jesse smiled as he approached Bella. He could tell she had been crying but she did her best to smile back at him.

"Come here." He whispered, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her to his chest.

"Jesse, I'm okay." Bella smiled, hugging him back. "Really, I'm fine. I just need a drink... or 10."

They both laughed and Jesse lead them back to The Icebergs.

Jesse's POV

"Right, come on you. I think you've had enough, these two have the day off tomorrow but we are both working." I said to Bella as she laughed and joked around with Maxi and Harrison while necking back the drinks.

"But we're having fun." Maxi pouted, throwing his arms around Bella and Harrison did the same, both of them clearly drunk.

"And you can still have fun tomorrow, but for now it's Bella's bed time so say good night." I spoke to them like kids cause that's how they were acting right now.

"Bye Bella, love youuuuuu!" Bella laughed at Maxi and Harrison's yells as we left The Icebergs. "Bye Jesse, killjoy." I rolled my eyes.

"Jesse.." Bella mumbled. We were about 5 minutes from our apartment building when she finally spoke after walking in silence and giving me one word answers when I tried to speak to her.

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't he tell me? He said I mean the world to him... he said he'd never betray my trust like my Mum and Step-Dad did." She looked up at me and my heart almost broke. A single tear streamed down her face.

"Bella, no. Not at all." I whispered, looking into her eyes. "I don't know what happened with your Mum and Step-Dad okay. But your Dad made a mistake, he thought you'd be upset about him being engaged, but I know you're only upset because he didn't tell you for so long."

"They hurt me..." She trialed off, looking like she regretted saying anything. "I'm happy for him I really am. But I don't understand why he wouldn't tell me."

It was in that moment that I finally understood why Hoppo was the way he was when it came to Bella, why he's so overprotective and why he acts like she's a child. Because right now, Bella seemed so broken, so upset. It made me want to wrap her up in my arms and not let her go, someone had clearly caused her pain that she hadn't yet dealt with.

"Your Dad didn't mean to hurt you Bell's, I promise. I'm sorry none of us told you either... I wish I had. Come on, let's get you home." I said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder, guiding her towards our apartments.

Arriving at Bella's place, I made a her a cup of hot chocolate to try cheer her up a bit before she went off to bed and it seemed to work because before she went to her room she was smiling.

Before she went to bed I asked her if I could sleep in the spare room tonight, I told her I forgot my keys and didn't know when Maxi would be back but really I just didn't want her to be alone. We're both working at Tama tomorrow and don't start till noon, so I can keep her busy in the morning to take her mind off things.

Waking up the next morning, I walked into the living room and noticed Bella didn't seem to be awake yet... that or she's went out. Quietly walking towards her room, I noticed the door was slightly open and I could her still asleep on her bed. It was only 8am.

Smiling to myself, I rifled through her cupboards and found some food to make us both for breakfast. Soon enough, I'd made some pancakes, bacon and eggs. I put all the food on to two plates and went to get some orange juice from the fridge.

"You look sexy when you cook." Bella winked at me. I fully jumped out of my skin.

"JESUS BELLS!" I shouted, clutching my chest. She was sitting on the couch with some sort of book in her lap and a pen in her mouth.

"How long have you been there?" I laughed.

"Since you started singing One Direction." She winked and giggled.

Well shit.

"Hey, shut it." I playfully glared at her.

"I mean, you'd think you would listen to your friends music. Kid Mac ring any bells? But if Harry Styles is what tickles your pickle then who am I to judge, he is a fine man." She smirked.

"Bella!" I playfully warned, I was struggling to keep the smile off my face.

"Jesse!" She mimicked.

I couldn't believe the difference in Bella after a good nights sleep and a chat. Saying that, the drinks she had probably exaggerated her emotions a little.

"Stop being a kid!" I laughed. "Come on, eat up! We've got plans before work."

"We do?" She asked confused.

"Yep." I grinned at her, knowing she'd love where I was about to take her.

........................................................................
hey guys, I'm sorry this chapter was so short and not that great but hopefully the next ones are better and more happy!! Please comment your thoughts on this story and what you'd like to see in the coming chapters, I love hearing feedback🥰