Go Back To Sleep

After I convinced Lauren that I can handle everything on my own, (I really don't want her to fully see this side of me.) I set the camera up in the basement making sure I get a good view of his still completely oblivious self.
"So why the camera?"
"Because I wanna remember this."

I bought something online awhile back and tonight would be the perfect time to finally use it.
Walking behind him I quickly stick a needle into his neck.
"W-What are you d-doing," he turns to look at me, stumbling slightly.
"W-wha" I watch as he collapses, falling to the ground.
I kneel beside him and gently push him so he's fully laying on his back and look into his eyes.
"I just gave you a drug that will paralyzes your body for awhile. It won't put you to sleep so you'll be able see everything I do, and feel everything I do to you. Speaking will be a little difficult as well."

Standing back up I walk to the corner of the room, grabbing a small hatchet,
"I'll be done by the time it wears off."
I also grab an old raincoat I see laying. I'll just wear it over my dress, I don't feel like changing and I don't wanna get blood all over me.

                                  —

I take the bloody raincoat off carefully and lay it beside his body before grabbing my camera. I turn it off and leave the basement to go find Lauren.
I walk through the kitchen and to the living room but she's not in there.
Walking upstairs I check our bedroom, the bathroom, her office, and the reading room.

I finally find her in her art room painting.
I whisper so I don't disturb her.
"Hey." She stops painting when she hears me.
"Can you finally explain to me what I walked in on..?" She turns around and looks at me.

With a nod I walk further into the room, sitting down on the floor in front of her.
"Remember the place where we first met?"
"Yeah.."
I wait as she puts her paintbrush down and sits in front of me before continuing.

"I drove past there today and started thinking about you, and how we met."
I fiddle around with the camera as I gather my thoughts.
"I had some time to kill before dinner so I turned and went back. I sat at our booth for awhile just thinking."

"As I was about to leave the asshole in our basement felt the need to speak to me."
Anger runs through me as I think about how he grabbed me.
"I told him I wasn't interested. Long story short he didn't understand what no meant or how to keep his hands to himself." I finish with a shrug.
She doesn't look angry or upset but concerned.

"Did he hurt you?" I smile and lean over, gently kissing her.
"Doesn't matter now. I'm the one that's still breathing."
"Camz."
"I'm gonna go take a bath. You can join me if you want."
I stand up and head towards our bathroom.

I sit down on the edge of the tub while it fills up. As I'm taking my heels off the door opens and Lauren walks in.
"Decide to join me?" I reach over and turn the water off.
"I love you."
It was said so quietly I almost didn't hear it.
"I love you too."

She walks over and pulls me into a hug. When I wrap my arms around her she holds me a little tighter.
"Lolo.."
"Please reassure me that a swat-team isn't going to break down our door and arrest you."
I wanna laugh but I know me getting caught is a real fear of hers, so I hold it in and move out of her arms so I can see her face.
"I promise no one will ever take me from you. I know what I'm doing, besides have you seen me? I look too cute and innocent to be accused of murder. "
She laughs and I smile.