laughing and not being normal

4:00am
"Uh Vanessa, like she lives across town—in like a really shitty apartment complex."
We finally crossover into the town her friend lives in and my excitement grows.
"It's like not to far from here, just keep going straight and like I'll tell you when to turn."

4:15am
"Okay 'shitty' was describing it nicely Claire..."
Seriously a cardboard box would be a significantly better living option.
"Yeah... but like if you ignore the junkies, drug dealers and like overall appearance of the place."
"No."
She laughs and I smile because it sounds pretty. I think I might miss her a little bit when she's gone.

"Does your friend live alone?"
Honestly I'm stalling as I think up how I'm going to do this.
"Well like sometimes her boyfriend stays with her but like tonight he couldn't. One of the reasons I decided to come here, she doesn't like being alone."

"Understandable." And I think she will die first if we both don't die trying to walk across the parking lot.
"Come on, I'll go with you so I know you get there safely."
We get out of my car and I make sure to lock it before following her.

I'm hyper aware of my surroundings (mostly for all the wrong reasons) and once again the opportunity is perfect.

"It's just down this hall."
That was probably my queue to leave but I keep walking with her. I already have my excuse ready (may I use the bathroom?) so I can get inside the apartment. From there I will scope out the details of the place quickly, figure out where and what I can use to do this.
"Uh so yeah... like thanks for the ride and stuff."
"You're welcome."
"Well this is it C-8."
"Do you think your friend would mind if I used the bathroom? It was a long car ride and I still have to drive back."

"Oh of course not."
I stand patiently beside her as she knocks on the door. I—I think Claire will watch as her friend dies and then she will be next.
"Finally escape?" The door opens and her friend steps aside not actually noticing me at first.
"Oh uh yeah. Hey so like, this is like my friend... umm sorta? She like drove me here. Is it cool if she uses the bathroom?"
"Oh sure, it's just down the hall to the left."
"Thanks."

She motions for us to come on in and I quickly scan the place. It looks a lot nicer on the inside than the out, but I get the feeling that this particular apartment is the only decent one.

I take note of a baseball bat next to the door and with how shady and seedy this complex is, a certain level of precaution is smartly necessary.
But it's actually funny how the person who you would least suspect to 'harm you' is the one that most likely will, and your ignorance lets them walk right in.

Devils are almost always disguised as angels and even satan use to be one.

I take my time in the bathroom thinking over the plan I quickly thought up. If I grabbed the baseball bat as I'm 'walking out the door' and quickly use it on my first target, I'm sure I could easily knock her unconscious. The only problem really is finding something to quickly bind Claire with—and as far as screaming goes... I hope she does. Everyone in the neighboring apartments are most likely to tweaked out to notice and if someone does I doubt they'll care enough to do anything about it.

Note-next part sooner than later🖤🔪