Prologue

Salem POV

I don't know exactly why I left the castle, but I did. I don't know why I stopped it, but I did. I don't know why I saved the boy, but I did. I don't know why I took him, but I did.

(y/n) POV

"O...Owie." I said groggily as I woke up in a large bed, "So you decided to wake up that's good." A woman with pale skin and black vanes said, her eyes were black and red like a grimm's. I retreated a bit in fear not realizing I had nowhere to go, "Little one if I wanted you dead I would have let that Beowulf gobble you up." She said as she caressed my cheek. She might have looked mean and scary, but her touch was warm, kind, and gentle. "I am Salem, and who are you?" She asked I didn't answer. "I see do you not have a name, my dear?" She asked I shook my head, "Very well if you'd like I could give you a name." She said I nodded excitedly, "Very well then from this day forward you shall be named...(y/n)" She said I was so happy, I finally had a name like everyone else.

Salem POV

"Come (y/n) it's been three days since you've eaten, you must be starving." I said as I got up and walked towards the door, I could hear (y/n) rustling around in my bed trying to get out, suddenly I heard something hit the floor, "O...Ow...Owie!" (y/n) said as I turned around and saw him on the floor trying his hardest not to cry, one of his feet was tangled in the covers, I walked over to him and freed his foot and picked him up, "Are you alright my dear?" I asked as I dried his eyes, suddenly he hugged me and I couldn't help but smile and hug him back. "Come let's get you something to eat." I said as I carried him away.

'What am I doing?' I thought as (y/n) ate, 'Why do I feel so happy when he's around?' I thought as I looked over at (y/n) who had food all over his face, "Oh honey let me get that." I said as I wiped his face, suddenly a vision of something I had since forgotten; I had a vision of my children. Here I was with a three-year-old boy and I'm remembering things that I had forgotten from when I was a mother. "Sleepy." (y/n) said as he rubbed his eye, "That's right children your age need naps." I said as I picked him up and carried him back to my room.

"Goodnight my dear (y/n)." I said, "Night night...Mama." (y/n) said as he fell asleep.