Chapter 2

Salem POV

It's been two weeks since I became (y/n)'s mother and I am completely exhausted! "Who knew raising a little boy could be so tiring." I said, "Trouble in paradise?" Cinder said, "Quiet you." I said as I made a pot of coffee, "All I'm saying is you aren't as young as you once were. Its been hundreds of thousands if not millions of years since you've been a mother, and for a woman, your age to try to keep up a three-year-old is well difficult, to say the least." She said, "It's not (y/n) that's the problem, its the dog." I said, "The dog?" She said.

"The dog." I said as I opened a door revealing (y/n) playing with a baby alpha Beowulf, "Lady Salem t...that's not a dog t...that's a Beowulf!" Cinder said, "A modified one, but yes it's a Beowulf. It will not grow larger than a large dog when fully grown." I said, "MAMA!" (y/n) said happily as he ran over to me and hugged me, "Did you come up with a name for your new pet yet honey?" I asked he nodded, "Fluffy!" He said, "Wow how...orriginal." Cinder said sarcastically I glared at her before I picked up (y/n).

"FLUFFY NO! RELEASE ME AT ONCE!" I demanded as the puppy played tug of war with the bottom of my dress, "MAMA PLAY!" (y/n) shouted happily as he tugged at the other side of my dress, 'At least he's happy.' I thought with a sigh, suddenly I heard a loud ripping sound and when I looked down I saw a large tear running all the way up my left leg and Fluffy was still playfully tugging on my dress, "NO BAD BOY!" I said causing Fluffy to let go and start whining before he began to nuzzle against my leg.