Chapter 8

Salem POV

"Good morning sweetheart." I said, "Mama." (y/n) said groggily as he held onto my arm as he tried to fall back asleep, "No no sweetie, you need to wake up." I said as I picked him up, "Seepy." he said, "I know honey, I know, but you have to wake up." I said sweetly, "How about I make us a nice breakfast. How does that sound?" I said he groaned slightly as I carried him to the dining room.

"Ok sweetheart breakfast is ready." I said as I walked out to the dining room and found my son laying his head down on the tray of his high chair, "Sweetheart do are you feeling alright?" I asked as I felt his forehead, "Honey you're burning up!" I said, "You're going back to bed! I'll check on you every so often, but you need rest." I said sweetly as I picked him up. "I'm so sorry sweetie. I should've noticed you were sick." I said softly as I carried him back to our room.

I carried out my duties as I normally would, but every fifteen minutes I'd go and check on (y/n). Fluffy refused to leave (y/n)'s side. Part of me was proud that he was so loyal but at the same time, I was upset that he was constantly going to the bathroom in the corner of the room. "Mama." (y/n) said softly, "I'm right here honey." I said, "Wanna try to eat something sweetheart?" I asked he nodded, "Ok I'll go get you some soup." I said as I kissed his forehead.

"Ok, sweetie can you sit up for Mama." I said as he sat up so I could feed him his lunch, "No need to rush sweetie, just take it slow and take your time." I said sweetly, "When you feel better maybe I can take you to the playground. Doesn't that sound nice?" I said, "Yeah!" he said, 'Even if I change my appearance it's still risky taking him anywhere. I'll just have to move my plans forward quite a bit for him.' I thought.