Chapter 1

Salem POV

"MAMA!" (y/n) shouted as he ran towards me. I decided that the only reason I let (y/n) live was that he was so weak and fragile if I would let him go then he would undoubtedly die. It was the only thing that made any semblance of sense to me. "Good morning my dear." I said as I picked him up, "So this is where you ran off to." Cinder said (y/n) buried his face in my chest, "Cinder, what did you do." I said, "Oh nothing much, I just gave him a personal look at how scary grimm truly are." She said, "Cinder, leave us." I said, she bowed and left, "Are you alright my dear?" I asked he shook his head, "I want to show you something alright darling." I said he nodded.

"(y/n) I want to make you a promise." I said as he held my hand as we walked outside towards a pack of Beowulfs, there was a small overhang above the center of the pack, I pushed him down into the pack, "MAMA!" He cried in fear as the alpha closed in on him slowly, "(y/n), for as long as you stay by my side, you will need not fear the creatures of grimm." I said as the alpha sniffed him before licking him. After a few minutes, I retrieved (y/n), "Now are you still afraid of the grimm?" I asked, "No." He said happily, "Good, maybe if you're a good boy I'll get you a pet." I said as I picked him up.

"Lady Salem, why are you toying with the boy?" Watts asked, "I don't know what you are implying Watts." I said, "I'm talking about how you are playing with his emotions and acting all motherly towards him when in the end he will be nothing more than a small snack for the grimm." He said, "Watts, you are assuming that I ever had any intention of letting him die. You are assuming that I am leading him on by acting motherly towards him. You assumed wrong. Nothing I am doing is an act. (y/n) has awakened the maternal feelings I thought were all but gone. So whether he proves useful or not he will stay by my side. He will live. Do I make myself clear Watts." I said, "Crystal ma'am." He said before walking away, a few seconds later (y/n) entered the room, "Mama." He said softly, "What is it, my dear?" I asked sweetly, "Bad thing." He said softly, "Bad thing? What are you talking about?" I asked, "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LAB?!" Watts shouted, "Is that the bad thing?" I asked he nodded, I walked over to him and petted his head, "It's alright darling, you didn't do anything wrong. It's Watts' fault for leaving his lab unlocked." I said, I soon realized that (y/n) could have gotten seriously hurt when he was playing in there, "Did you hurt yourself, sweetie?" I asked he nodded and showed me his hands. His hands had shards and slivers of glass in them, he also had a few cuts on his arms, "Let's go take care of that for you sweetie." I said sweetly as I picked him up.

"Hon...Honey hold still!" I said as I attempted to remove the glass from his hands, "Hurts!" He said as he began to tear up, "I know, but I promise that I'll make it all better." I said as I pulled shard after shard out of his hands until I was certain that they were all out. "You know sweetie, Mama has a super power. I can make all the owies go away just by kissing them." I said earning a look of shock from him, "Alright here I go." I said sweetly as I kissed the palm of his hands using my magic to heal him. My magic allows me to do a great many things, my ability to heal is severely limited. At most I can completely heal minor injuries and aid in the recovery of more severe injuries. I discovered this little trick when one of my daughters hurt herself so when I kissed her wound to make her feel better it healed. Eventually I figured out how to do it at will and disguised my healing magic as mommy kisses. "See all better." I said as he looked at his newly healed hands in awe, "Now no more playing in broken glass." I said, "Ok!" He said as he hugged me.