One

Don't die, Teacher Zhan
One

You know what people, I don't like to write sad stories because it can really contribute sadness to me too, mentally and physically but this is how life works...
:|

Yan Xujia is one of Xiao Zhan's friends in Xnine.

Read at your own risk!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Still lying in bed, he turned his sight to the curtainless glass window. The color outside was coal black. He didn't take his time to scretch his curled body but adjusted himself and lifted it up.

"3:00 AM..." He murmured and wore his robe beneath his pyjamas.

This was the exact hour he usually woke up, every single day and didn't need a clock to prove it. His mind and form were used to this kind of routine.

The man in his late twenties went to the tiny kitchen in his small apartment and made an espresso, dark and bitter.

The aroma of the brewed beans made his senses work properly, he walked outside the balcony and sat on a wooden chair, clutching his hot mug.

Feeling the cold and wet air in the atmosphere that circled him, an uncontrollable tears rolled from his eyes.

Don't forget to breath...don't forget to breath...

He inhaled and exhaled, calming his raging heartbeats and ache that starts from the deepest part of his brain.

Be strong...he then focused on the silence around him...

"I have an obligation to my students...I have to stay alive... five more months...it would be enough.." He sipped the warm liquid, the soothing effect of it in his throat made him sigh.

He stayed that way for hours, just sitting there in a chair, looking at his surroundings. From his place, he saw different heights of buildings, people walking like ants, small and tall houses and the far ocean with its lighted ships and boats.

Earth, a beautiful, alluring and majestic planet but anytime soon this will all fade away and become a distant memory to him. If ever he'll remember, he knew too well he won't.

"Oh, time flies so fast...It's already 6:00?" He said as he would stand and close his eyes, breathing the fresh air of early morning with the fragrant odors of newly-baked bread, pies, rolls and cakes from the nearby bakeshop. This was like a signal for him to move and start his day.

He took a quick shower, wore his suit, tightened his tie, fix his damp hair and grab his black leather sling bag. The teacher hailed a taxi and successfully arrived at his school with bright smile.

"Good morning, sir!" Students in the gates greeted him with a bow.

"Good morning!" He waved at them as he continued to walk towards the teachers lounge of the prestigious all-boys school.

"What?! Why did you accepted that brat?! I don't want this institution to be tainted by that spoiled reckless kid! We've been ranked as one of the top schools all over China and I am not planning to throw it all down the sewers! And now I've heard that you signed his application?!" A loud voice booming inside the principal's office.

"What's going on?" He asked his co-teacher and also his close friend, Yan Xujia who's busily typing on his laptop. His cubicle was beside Xiao Zhans. He took his swivel chair and relax.

"The principal and the vice were arguing about that new student our school willingly received. Obviously, the one who's at fault was the vice." He answered in a low tone.

"We're already in the middle of the school year. I thought we don't do such things like that, letting a student transfer here easily." I am not sure if I've read the boys profile but seeing the principals reaction, he's a pain in the neck.

"Exactly. The documents of the boy had been checked and verified, starting today he'll be attending our school. We'll just hope that everything's gonna be fine."

"Yeah." He shook his head up and down.

"Anyway, do you want me to set you up in a blind date again? My cousin has this friend..." Xiao Zhan blocked what Yan Xujia babbling about.

When did he realize that I didn't want anyone to be with me in this life of mine?

Being alone protected him. Isolation helped him endure life's cruelty, silly but that's just how he perceived it.

"Xiao Zhan, are you even listening to me?"

He didn't say anything and proceeded to checked his e-mails using his Macbook for any memo's and messages but its empty, nothing in the recent dates from last week or this week.

"You should go out more, explore, Beijing's a wide city. Have a fun life." He closed his laptop and faced him.

"I have a fun life, Jia jia." He called his friends nickname.

"What? Sleeping, eating and reading? You call that fun?"

"Yes. I have class, see you later." He said leaving the room with his books.

While trudging to the building where he'll teach Quantum and Classical Mechanics to the senior student's, he noticed somebody in a greenhouse near the place, there was a group of boys crouching weakly with bruises, on their white and gray uniforms there was smeared of fresh blood.

"What happened to you, guys?" He asked worriedly when he got a closer look and saw their wounded faces. He was the home teacher of these boys!

"I'm sorry, Teacher Zhan but we've got ourselves a little fight." One of them spoke up, they are all wiping the blood off from their foreheads and noses with tissues.

"We can't go to the clinic, we knew this will certainly cause ruckus to the entire school." Zheng Fan Xing reasoned out.

"Who did that to you?" Whoever did this massive destruction to my class, he'll pay.

"The new student." They all answered in chorus.

"Wha-what?!" Should I take that threat back? I don't think I can handle that one.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Sorry for the wrong grammars and whatnot. I'll edit this soon.

COTE!
[COMMENT AND VOTE]

-Bishounenhow111