Eight

Don't die, Teacher Zhan
Chapter Eight

It was right to finalize the condition that Yibo didn't hear or even notice his struggles; the said student continued to part his lips and exchanged flirty gazes with the females who apparently regarded him like the newest modified hamburger on the menu.

"Mister...please...take your hand...off of me..." The teacher begged; he was noiselessly sniffling to the man who groped him but with no avail, it didn't stop the person, it just worsened his action. His filthy fingers were now buried inappropriately on the laoshi's flesh.

What is this rat thinking? With difficulty, Zhan swiped his pride out of the line and raised his voice, anger percolating through it. "If you want to touch someone," He faced him. Solidly detached the hand from his butt and sunk it to where the crotch of the stranger was located, "Touch yourself, you grubby bacterium!"

That called the attention of Wang Yibo and the other passengers of the train, he saw what happened before his eyes and he threw a confuse look to his teacher who fixed his tie but then the older guy leaned forward to the sexual addict and whispered, "If I ever see you again doing this kind of thing to anybody, I am going to beat you up until I strip your skin off and donate it to an exotic restaurant!" He pulled one card out from the front pocket of the chap, "And oh, I'll keep this business card with your name on it so that I can report you to the police department now. See if they could fit one more prisoner."

An expression painted its way to the man's face and his mouth trembled, "Don't report me...I'm sorry. I have a wife and two kids who value me. They need a father who will work for them to survive...I'm sorry..."

"Alright, I won't say anything because I knew how it felt to be an orphan. Count this as a blessing but don't forget my warning, sir." The teacher made his words gored to the foul-smelling air around them.

The recipient of it nodded his head and pressurized his way to move from him.

"Teach, you okay?" Yibo asked as soon as the man distanced himself.

He smiled at his learner, "Never been better."

They reached the other side of the city where buildings shined and sprouted like mushrooms after bits of rain and thunder, Wang Yibo twittered his 'goodbye' and 'see you later' script to the girls that undoubtedly enchanted by his hotness. A curled brunette shamelessly kissed his cheeks too before parting ways from him and his Math teacher.

Zhan ripped the probability to roll his eyes, he sighed. I wonder what number I should write for these stupid kids in the scale of ten...

Striding alongside with his pupil, the teacher gave authorization to Yibo to direct the way. They arrived at a beholding Lucullan shopping center.

"Teach, let's check that out."

Next thing Xiao Zhan administered to his mind after that succession of alphabets, the boy towed him from one store to another, as if he knew what he was capable of doing during a shopping spree. Like hell, he didn't enjoy this pursuit, not even a jiff, from food courts to apparel shops to facial and skin care products to classy accessories; necklaces and rings. They also ate food samples from mascots who merrily offered their brand-new edible goods and it made Zhan let go a smirk for the first in forever. Not only that, Yibo cut him out as his personal stylist from the teacher-student setting, he waited for Yibo to get out from numerous fitting rooms and voice his inputs to every outfit the youngster was trying and evaluating. He was tempted to say some backlash or what but decided to swallow it back. The black credit card of the guy flew after cashier to other cashier and Yibo didn't seem to care. He noted that this kid had enough money to buy anyone as well as him, deposit his body in a sack and kick him to Auvergne, France or somewhere unreachable. Not that he was complaining. Maybe he could find a killer bear there to cast him to his death.

Yibo paid the bill for lunch and again they repeated their 'out-of this-world stroll in circles' inside of the mall. With different paper bags dangling on his arms and boxes affixed to his hands, Zhan spoke up, fatigue evident to his voice. "Yibo, can we rest for a bit?" He sat himself on one of the benches that fenced a fountain in the middle of the mall.

"Oh okay, Teach." But that expired to the wrong ears, sitting on the bench beside Zhan were five high schoolers with piercings and colored hair. They overheard it and snapped their heads to the two.

The one with a Mohawk hairstyle signaled his gofers and all of them laughed on purpose demanding the awareness of Yibo. "Long time no see, Wang Yibo? Who is that your sugar daddy?"

With blank expression, Yibo clapped "Is that all? Do you think you can piss me with that, asshole? I forgot, you don't think."

"Yibo, don't do anything irresponsible." His teacher uttered.

"Yes, listen to your daddy, hoe!" The incongruous leader of the gang said once more.

"Fuck you!" Yibo screamed, lacked of any cautionary measures, he hoven out a tightened fist and knocked it on the nose of polluted mouthed sprog. He yowled in pain, dropping to the ground.

The student seized his mentor's wrist and pulled him up; they ran out of the place. He could hear someone cried, "Chase them!!!"

They guys raced right after them as they crossed down the other side of the street. As they turned to an alley, Zhan elbowed him while running.

"Wait, wait, Yibo I am not a good runner..." Xiao Zhan gasped, sucking air. He pushed his head back to gather more oxygen to fill his lungs.

Their trackers were meters away from them, screaming "STOP!!!"

Thankful for the stacked timber boxes of dried vegetables, strays of grocery carts and wheelbarrows they passed on, Yibo used it to slow their pursuers by messing it around to the pave; the goons were clashed to the said cases and trolleys. "We will get you!!!"

Yibo shouted a curse word and spoke sharply at his teacher, "Teacher Zhan! Jump in!" He directed his eyes to a steel barrow.

Zhan's face paled, "What?! I will ride it?!"

"Do it!" The kiddy kid necessitated.

Frenziedly the older man dived to the farm cart with the paper bags he was holding, squeezing himself to fit there. Yibo heaved it up, pushing it out to the alleyway, "This is so awesome!"

Through the trees and bushes they toured, laughing at themselves. They relished the fun they felt in that afternoon, two different people savoring the purpose of living not just surviving. The schoolboy continued to set the pushcart in motion, far as possible from the narrow road where the males who trailed them were at. They zigzagged to structures and boutiques until they took refuge to the dark section of a bakery shop, spotting the cost was clear, Yibo paused letting Zhan hopped off from the pushcart. The Laoshi shoved all the bags to him and brought his butt heavily on the gutter.

"Raise your palm." The boy alleged, when Xiao Zhan did, the student placed a tiny gift box into his palm.

He uncovered the lid and a cute bunny keychain glowed under the last ray of the sun that day. "Thank you so much, Yibo..." For giving me that sliver of courage to live my life...I hope you are meant to be my lifeline...

"You are welcome, sir. Thanks for being here with me."

TO BE CONTINUED.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

For the errors, I'll edit this again after I put up all the chapters. Thanks for reading!

-Nicholas