Five

Don't die, Teacher Zhan
Chapter Five

[ Dedicated to AwinAzman5 ]

The vibration of his phone on the table where his head was resting with his folded arms made Xiao Zhan opened his eyes. Oh, its five o'clock...did I forgot about something? No? He thought as he swiped the green circle button on his screen and answered it. "Yes, who is this?"

A nervous voice echoed to his ears. "Hello, teacher Zhan. Thank god you picked this call at last! I've been calling you for fifteenth time now..."

"Fan Xing? Why are you calling me? I am still in school." He said as he rose his body up from the chair.

"Yeah. I know. You didn't show up at the opening of our academy's activity..."

The teacher smacked his forehead with his palm. "Sorry Fan Xing, I fell asleep." He fell asleep after he dismissed his last period sophomore class at three o'clock in the afternoon. He planned to take a short nap but it ended into a two-hour sleep and he felt bad about his homeroom students, especially to that pain in the liver, Wang Yibo.

"How did it go? I am sure everyone was glad that Yibo's our class candidate..." He smiled, pushing himself to the hole of positivity.

"Are you kidding, sir?" The small boy chuckled.

"He beat someone?" He pushed back the strands of his hair that curtained his eyes. What approach should I use to that kid? He was making me lose my mind.

There was a long paused. "It's bad teacher Zhan...truly bad..." Not a surprise.

"What do you mean, bad? Did he send someone to the hospital?" He waited for his pupil to finish his sentence. He didn't need any suspense in this life of his because basically it was a book written by someone who loved tragedy genre.

"No. He shouted the F word with You at our principal after coming down the stage..."

"Then what happened? Why did he say it?"

"The principal called him bringer of misfortune and son of a prostitute. Look what happened sir, he sent him to the hospital and almost killed him by attacking him with two punches and three kicks."

"WHAT?!" The teacher screamed, his raw voice echoing to the quiet room.

"He was gasping for air while we calmed Yibo; I have a video of it. I'll send it to you later." Fan Xing was chuckling. The whole thing wasn't humorous at all and Xiao Zhan had this urge to punch someone with a crocodile boxing gloves.

"Where is he?"

"Yibo? I don't know. After the accident, he went outside of the auditorium."

"God. That child! Thank you for calling me, I'll try to find him here."

"All right, sir." His student agreed to his decision and cut off the phone call.

If Yibo could fit under a rock, his teacher would have search for him there. Xiao Zhan was perspiring and his hair was soaked from running around the campus, each nook and crook of the place was explored y him. And there's no sign of the platinum haired boy with anger issues.

The light of the sun faded into the remembrance of the day and dusk was beginning to appear welcoming the danger of nightfall. Nobody was roaming around the school grounds but only the security personnels and some teachers. In the way back to the teaching space, he met one of his colleagues, the English Literature teacher of his class.
The woman smiled at him and waved a 'Hi'. He acknowledged it with a bow and was about to continue when he remembered something. Making sure he got his well-mannered self; he ran to her. "Excuse me, Miss Zhao, what my student did to you was insolent. I asked for forgiveness on his behalf."

The lady eyed him with confusion and shook her head.

"Its okay, Mr. Xiao. I already put it behind me." She stared at the distance and tittered like a high school girl.

I smell something fishy... Those were the words crossed the sensei's observant brain. I wonder what that douchebag did to this unfortunate thing of a lecturer.

"Well, that's good news..." He balled his palm and cough to it awkwardly.

Zhao Liying giggled and gently hit his arm. "Don't worry, Xiao Zhan. He didn't owe me anything. I won't report him to the authorities or what."

Then she went to her path, not giving him any information about her changed of heart or the reason why she didn't storm out from her skin in anger.

"Okay???" In the air, he whispered.

He reached the classroom with rain hammering the building's roof outside. Gathered all his things and slung his leather sling bag on his shoulder, the man rushed to the entry of the ground floor where he halted and pursed his lips in defeat because he couldn't walk to the gate without drenching himself from the liquids of crying evening sky. He stood there in the small portico of the structure, absently raised one arm and let the rain dropped on his opened hand. It was cold but not icy enough to freeze the sorrow he felt every single minute in this lifetime of his.

"I can share this with you..." He knew that bottomless hazardous voice.

"Yibo?" The older fellow swiftly turned his head and saw the boy he had been seeking for like a madman holding a recognizable umbrella.

"That..." This was the exact thing he brought from his home this morning and the one that was bequeathed to him by a stranger. He left it beside the other teacher's table at the back and totally forgot it.

"Yeah. This was mine and I'm going to take it back." His apprentice shrugged.

So, he saw me crying that night...

"What are you waiting for? An invitation? I handed it out to you, right?" Irritated the lad spat to the teacher who intently looked at him.

"Yeah, yeah. My apologies. Yibo." Xiao Zhan sprung under the parasol and the two of them tranquilly made their way out of the academy. He noticed that the kid provided him more shade than himself and half of him was wet. "Move close to me."

Yibo abided his adviser and every time their shoulders bumped with each other, it felt odd for him. Why am I feeling this all of a sudden? He stole a peek to the person alongside him and it seemed that he was the only him who felt it.

"Yibo, you're walking too fast. Go easy on this old man." This was the first time he heard him laugh shorn of boundaries and sadness.

"Hm." He slowed down, mindful of the quickening of his breathing.

"Thank you...you're the very first person that lend me his umbrella. Thank you, Wang Yibo number twenty-five in my class record." Tsk. He even memorized the number of my name in his list.

Ruthless as he was but at that moment, the statement pierced his heart into hundred wounds.

What is wrong with me?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I know. Errors and blah blah blah mistakes. I'll edit this after I put up all the chapters.

THANKS FOR WAITING AND READING THIS STORY!!! I'LL WORK HARD TO UPDATE THE REST OF THE CHAPTERS.

-Bishounenhow111