Chapter 10

Jenko slams the backdoor open and marches out with Schmidt right beind him, "look, I apologise about the Zook thing. You were right he was not the dealer"

Jenko sighs, "ok great. You apologised. what's that worth man. Now we have no leads. What are we supposed to do now?"

"Police work"

---

Before exiting the car you get a call

Ring ring

"umm hello?" you answered

"Jessica? This is Zook..."
You signalled Schmidt to listen, in case it could help with the case.

"oh hey Zook! What's up?"

Jenko glares at you leaning in close trying to listen in on your conversation too.

"well tomorrow's the big game and I hate feeling stressed before it. Wanna do something stupid?"

You smiled at the boys beside you
"sure hun, I'll be there in a bit"

Jenko snatched your phone and glared at you, "we're in the middle of a very important investigation right now and you're just gonna leave without even asking us?"

Your eyes widened, "I'm sorry 'dad' didn't know I needed permission for breathing. And BTW you two have been fooling around this whole operation, I need a break too. Plus he said he wanted to do something stupid, if it's whyphy related I could find out who he's getting them from"

You excited the car and sprinted away. Schmidt was just ...Schmidt.
But Jenko... What's up with him?! Asshole!

Jenko's POV

I watch (y/n) storm off as Schmidt parks the car, "you're just going to let her go off?!" he gave me a side glance, "what can I do. Why don't you stop her?"

"There's a higher possibility of getting more leads if she works alone. She always worked better alone. She could've been our superior by now if we weren't dragging her down so often. Also she's not wrong when she said you were goofing off"

I lean on my seat arms folded like an angry child, "I can't believe this is happening right now!" all I wanted was to have fun especially after our last investigation where he got all the attention.

And why can't (y/n) just listen to me!!? She drives me nuts! First Rooster and now Zook.... What does she see in them anyways!? I'm more attractive than them.... Right?

Back to ur POV

It didn't take long until you were at the Zeta house. You knocked on the door and waited. You were then greeted by the most beautiful shade of red locks

"Hey Rooster.." you blushed.
Usually he would be the one flustered and a blushing mess but his damp hair framed his face quite handsomely and his damn shirtless body...

"what a pleasant surprise"he finally spoke. Oof that deep raspy voice.

You tried ur best at keeping eye contact, "well you do have a big game tomorrow..." he smiles at you closing in for a kiss but was stopped by a towel thrown at him.

"oh you're here. Thanks for coming" Zook stands between you and Rooster, you smiled at him, "No problem, I'm a sucker for fun"

"that's what she said" one of the guys sitting on the sofa playing the game shouted.

Zook rolls his eyes and nods, "my room?" you nodded back, "yep"
Rooster runs to his room (you obviously know where it is, from last time)

"Umm..." Zook takes ur hand and drags you to his room which is next to Rooster's