The Way She Is

When you are a child of Gallifrey, you are expected to do great things.

Beautiful things.

Horrible things.

It all depends on what the High Council wants of you.

They make your existence meaningful to the planet,

and if you aren't,

you are exiled.

Loomlings, or artificially created Time Lords, are the most common way that Time Lords are born.

Very few Time Lords are created by families, the Doctor is one of them.

They meet others at the academy, where they fall in love, but very rarely have children.

Most are assigned to them by the High Council.

The Time Lords are an aloof generation, very pompous and greedy. They loved to make their speeches and ceremonies.

There are many colleges and chapters of Gallifrey: Patrexes, Archalian, Prydonian, Dromeian, and Cuerlian to name a few.

The Doctor and I come from the Prydonian chapter, which has a reputation to have a couple renegades. Us, for example.

Time Lord children are taken from their parents at the young age of 8 to begin their time at the Academy. They start with the initiation into the Academy, which consists of staring into the Untempered Schism, a hole in the fabric of reality, showing the true raw power of the Time Vortex. Some went mad, some were inspired, and some ran away. The Doctor ran away, whilst the Mechanic was inspired.

The Time Lords are assigned their names upon graduation of the Academy, based on what they are going to do as soon as they graduate. The Doctor, for example, was going to be a medical Doctor. The Mechanic was going to be a TARDIS mechanic. They both loved what they were doing, until the war.

The dreaded war.

The war that costed the planet.

Every Time Lord that was capable was required to fight in the war. Including the Doctor and the Mechanic.

They required both of them to regenerate into killing machines. They required them to fight in the name of Gallifrey, so they did.

The Doctor was extremely against killing, and so was Mel.

But they were lethal.

Mel slayed thousands upon millions of Daleks, all with a swish of her sword and the gun of a TARDIS.

The Doctor tried to find a way out, so he decided to end it all.

The Moment.

The situation became too dire, and Mel was close to death, so she went to Earth to recover and regenerate. She never knew that the Moment was used, until she tried to find Gallifrey again. The beautiful planet was nowhere to be seen. She was searching ever since. She came to the conclusion that they were gone and she was the only one left. Her best friend was gone as well.

Until now...

~~~~~

Playlist for each of the Chapters:

The Way She Walks - Children of Grace by Lorie Line

The Way She Hopes - Gallifrey by Murray Gold

The Way She Thinks - This is Berk by David Powell

The Way She Runs - Test Drive by David Powell

The Way She Lives - Final Days by Murray Gold

The Way She Shares - Someone Just Like You by Lorie Line

The Way She Fights - Mutiny by Hans Zimmer

The Way She Yells - Recognizer by Daft Punk

The Way She Struts - Schism by TOOL

The Way She Peers - Zombie by The Cranberries

The Way She Gives -  The Ruined Childhood by Murray Gold

The Way She Understands - This is Gallifrey: Our Childhood by BBC Orchestra

The Way She Chooses - MANTRA by Bring Me the Horizon

The Way She Dreams - Under and Over it by Five Finger Death Punch

The Way She Tells - The Russian Lullaby by Lorie Line

The Way She Deducts - Tumbleweed by Lorie Line

~~~~ 

INDRODUCING:

Keira Knightly as The Mechanic "Mel"

David Tennant as The Doctor

Billie Piper as Rose Tyler

~~~Please Vote, Comment, Share!! I work really hard on this, please give it the credit!I don't own Doctor Who or any of it's characters, but I do own my own character, the Mechanic

~~~
Please Vote, Comment, Share!! I work really hard on this, please give it the credit!
I don't own Doctor Who or any of it's characters, but I do own my own character, the Mechanic.

Any and all information in this fanfiction is true in the eyes of it's creators at BBC and affiliates, although some may have been twisted to fit the plot of this story.