3

"if you want... you can stay in the spare bedroom. Issac normally stays there" hazel had offered Calum to stay the night.

"oh no, no haze I have to get home to the kids tonight, I can't sleep here. But I'll be round tomorrow morning."

She sighed. "No don't bother coming around tomorrow, I'm busy."

"Really hazel?

"Yes please just leave!" She started itching her arm. "I have things to do anyway..."

"haze you have to stop."

"I don't wanna stop! Just leave!"

Calum got angry and slammed his fist against the wall. "You said you'd try damnit!"

hazel shrugged "it's gonna be too hard calum.... besides, what's the point?"

"your kids are the goddamn point! Issacs worried about you! He cares for you! He wanted me to help you! But I can't help anyone who doesn't want it, so bye I guess"

"i don't wanna be some fucking charity to you.. you only wanna help and as soon as i get clean you're gonna leave."

"I'm not helping you for me!"

"just go calum, okay?" She sighed again "Go see mitch, he clearly needs you."

"Y-Yeah Fine!" Cal walked to the front door "I will!"

Calum went home and went to bed. In reality he didn't call Mitch it even really think about him....

———

"KIDS, SCHOOL!" Cal yelled from his spot in the bed. It was nearly 9am and he still hadn't gotten out of his cozy sheets, which was odd for a guy who loved to be up at the crack of dawn to make sure the day started off well for everyone. Alice and cj got themselves ready and then went into Cals room to get him as he usually drove them. "Can y'all take the bus today?"

"Yeah...love you." They both said and took off for the day. Cal rolled over and grabbed his phone to see a text from mitchy. 'Tonight at our favorite restaurant at 8. I've something for ya❤️' he smiled and then noticed another text message. It was from issac

'I'm not coming home for a bit, moms def not okay.' Cal texted back,

'You have to go to school. I'll go make sure she's okay.'

'My attendance is shit anyway, I can't leave her like this.'

'Get your ass to school, I'll be there in a bit.' After hitting send, Calum got up and put on some sweatpants that he hadn't bothered to wash and grabbed his things to go to hazels.

When he got there hazel looked sleep deprived and upset. She was throwing things around and pulling at her hair, her eyes were bloodshot and she looked like she had been crying.

"Hazel stop."

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" She yelled and tried to hit him.

"No I'm not gonna do that." Cal sat down on the couch and stayed calm. "Come here?"

"No! Stay away! I'm staying over here!"

"okay you can stay over there if you'd like but can I get you some water?"

Hazel shook her head. "Just give me the needles...I-I know you took them...I need them."

"can I tell you why that's not a good idea?" He got up to get her some water anyway.

"Please Calum."

"it's not a good idea because the sooner you let your body get rid of all that," he got some water from the sink, "the sooner it will start to feel better, and this is shit, this is the shitty part, and it's gonna get worse before it gets better. but as soon as you're clean, you can see the kids again." He handed hazel the water

"i don't care, okay? i don't give a shit anymore. I don't know why issac still comes round, i just wanna fucking die but i'm too scared to. I'm too scared to just leave this shit. Just give up calum, i'm not gonna get better because i don't want to."

"You want me to leave?" Hazel nodded and got up.

"I have needles in the bathroom, I just remembered." Then she took off into the bathroom and locked it behind her. Cal sighed.

"Fine. I can't help you obviously so I'm gonna go get laid!" And then he left out the front door. As soon as he was in his car he called Mitch to tell him he was coming over and it was desperation and sex from the second Calum opened the door

About four hours and a few Good orgasms later Calum checked his phone to see a text from issac saying that hazel was in the hospital. "Fuck I gotta leave."

"Okay....hey when are we gonna tell the kids about us?"

"Mitch it's not a good time."

"Yeah but-"

"I gotta go." Cal pecked mitchy on the lips and took off straight to the hospital where hazel and Issac where.

Issac was sitting in a chair in the waiting room and Calum walked over.

"You came?" Issac looked at his dad

"Why wouldn't i?" He shrugged and sighed

"They said she'll make it."

"I tried to help." Cal sat down next to issac

"i know you did, we all tried to help but you know, she's just not gonna stop instantly and i think taking away all her needles was so sudden. She probably would've died if she didn't use anything within a few days. This has to be a gradual process i guess. Maybe we just help her or sort of distract her to take her mind away from using them."

"son that doesn't work." Cal knew more about heroin and overdosing on it better than anyone else. "You just have to stop or else you never will. And yeah it hurts like fucking hell and you shake and sweat and throw up and your head is pounding and your muscles are sore and your heart rate is all jack shit but you have to either wait it out on your own or get medical help, there's nothing gradual about any of this."

Eventually Issac left to pick up the twins from school and the doctor came out and over to Calum.

"Mr. Hood?"

"That's me." Calum stood up

"She's awake if you wanna go see her."