6

"I'm not fucking you." Mitchy told cal.

"Oh....okay..." Calum looked down awkwardly

"Baby what's wrong?" Mitchy put his hand on cals arm gently.

"I'm just stressed is all."

"Come inside." Cal walked inside and kissed mitchy once on the lips. "Want a beer?" Calum nodded and mitch walked to the kitchen to grab cal a can. Calum drank it quickly and asked for another one which Mitchy got and then they snuggled on the couch for a long while.

"Can we go out?" Mitchy nodded. "Somewhere real nice?"

"Money is too tight..." Mitchy sighed and played with Cals hair

"I'll pay, it's fine......I just feel like we haven't had any time to ourselves recently."

"Taking care of the kids and all that has been hard."

Calum mumbled, "and all that.."

"You know what I mean cal."

"I know."

"I mean with Isaac skipping school and-"

"I just don't know what to do!"

"Maybe he can do online school?"

"Possibly..." calum lied his head on mitchys shoulder.

"I can talk to him!"

"No! Not a good idea..."

"Why not?"

"He just...." calum paused and rubbed his face a little. "He tends to not be open to speaking with anyone but me and his mom recently."

"It's worth a try." Cal nodded.

"Be safe...."

———

Later that night cal issac and the twins ate dinner together. It was a quiet dinner though...nobody really wanted to talk. What would they even talk about? All cal could think he should even say to his kids is sorry. He was so sorry. Sorry for every single thing he'd ever put them through in their lives. They deserved none of it.

Suddenly though, issac and Cj made up a reason to get out (football practice) and headed upstairs leaving Calum and Alice alone. And Alice looked nervous.

"Actually I'm going to go upstairs..." she got up

"Did you need to tell me something?" She shook her head

"It's unimportant" calum nodded and Alice walked upstairs.

Later that evening Alice and cal went to visit hazel while Cj and issac were still out. Hazel looked really good.

"Hey." She smiled at them as they walked in and sat down. "I get out of here soon!" Calum smiled and sat next to her.

"That's right. You excited?" She nodded. Alice sat on her phone smiling and laughing at something she was looking at.

"We made some perfect kids didn't we."

"What?" Cal looked at hazel. "Oh, yeah we really did" he smiled down at his Best friend. He looked at her face. At her beautiful eyes and her nice lips. And his mind started wondering back to all the times they had together, all the dates, the beach trips, eating nasty fast food and singing while driving the car at midnight...dancing together in front of the car next to the ocean to any song that came on the radio...

"How's Mitchy?" The silence and calums thoughts were interrupted by hazel.

"Uh.." cal looked at his feet and smiled a bit. "He's good. We..hang out"

"Glad you're still friends" he nodded as a nurse walked in.

"I gotta chat with hazel alone." She smiled sweetly, cal gestured for Alice to follow him and they walked out of the room together. When the nurse exited the room she asked if calum would be able to see hazel home today.

"I...yeah of course."

"She needs to take her meds daily." Calum nodded. "She's gonna pack your her stuff now. The meds are important, MAKE SURE she takes them."

"I will, absolutely I will." Hazel opened the door and stood there in a small black dress. "Ready?" She nodded and they all walked to the car

"Can't wait time be home" Hazel smiled al the way home

"You're staying with us?" She nodded "might be good for all of us."

Once they got home, hazel ran inside to greet the boys and calum got the master bedroom ready for her to stay. Since it was a school night, calum went downstairs and told the kids to get themselves to sleep, which they did after hugging their mom goodnight.

"Cal? We should go out tomorrow while the kids are in school!" Calum nodded

"Great idea." She smiled brightly

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight. You know where I am if you need anything."