5

Cal stayed in bed all day the next day. Sometime around 4 issac came in and shook cal awake

"Hmm?"

"Did you pick up the twins?" Issac questioned.

"Didn't you?" Cal asked sleepily

issac shook his head "i-ive been with mom all day, what have you been doing?"

"You didn't go to school?" Calum sat up

"no of course not but i thought you'd actually go pick them up for once"

"you're supposed to bring them home! Which you would have remembered if you went to school!"

"ALL YOU'VE DONE TODAY IS SLEEP!!"

"So!?" Cal groaned. "I never get to sleep!"

"that's fucking bullshit and you know it. You don't do crap all day except leave and fuck mitch!!"

"Don't talk to me like that!"

"i've got to make sure my mom doesn't fucking kill herself while you lay around and expect me to care for YOUR kids. Go fuck off and go to your shitty boyfriend. I'm gonna go get the twins."

"I've done nothing but take care of you for your whole life! Your mom isn't my problem and she doesn't even want my help!"

issac sighed "she doesn't want anybody's help but i'm not letting her die. Maybe you should just go to mitch i don't care" and he walked out of the room and slammed the door.

Later that night cal sat outside smoking, which he tried not to do since he didn't want the kids to see him, but today was difficult. This whole week was difficult. Soon issac joined him on the porch.

"Hi..." he sat next to his dad. "You okay?"

"Are you okay?" Cal asked as tho he hadn't just been asked the same question.

"I'm okay...just stressed a little...are you okay?" Issac asked again.

"I.." cal sighed. "I'm letting everyone down."

"no you're not... i think you can just help by picking up the kids"

"Right." Cal smoked for a bit in between the conversation. "Issac, honey..you've got to start going to school."

"I gotta be there for mom."

"if you don't get your attendance up then I'm gonna have to send you to summer school. I know you wanna be with your mom but you've gotta go to school as well, I'm not asking"

"I wanna focus on mom."

"I know but you have to go...is there another reason you don't want to?"

"I don't wanna go cuz....cuz of Layla..." Issac looked away and sighed.

"Who's that? Is she mean? To you?" Issac shook his head. "What does she do?"

"nothing... shes really nice but i hurt her..."  cal listened. "I...I left her when she needed me."

"What happened?"

"I..." he paused, took a deep shaky breath and then continued. "I got her pregnant..." cal didn't know what to say for a second.

"Excuse me?"

"I didn't mean to!"

"Well ofc not." Cal remained calm. "We're you being safe?"

"No..."

"We're you unaware of what would happen if you weren't?"

"No..."

"Is she still pregnant?"

"No..." cal sighed.

"you're gonna help with it, so tomorrow you're going to school and you're finding her and you're offering her anything she needs regarding the baby"

"But...but what about mom!"

Cal stood up. "You're not going to abandon your child like I did!!! You-you're gonna be there for it!!"

"No!" Issac also stood up next to his dad. "This is my life I get to choose!"

"and you WILL regret it for the rest of your life! This is your responsibility now! Even if all she wants is money or just to be left alone then fine but you're responsibilities include making sure she and the baby get what they need. I don't care if you don't want it, make sure she doesn't need anything from you"

"fuck off, go sort out your own life before getting on at me about my life." Issac took the cig from cal and smoked it. Calum took it back and put it out

"Go inside!"

"No! Just go to your boyfriends house and fuck!" Cal sighed and Issac walked inside.

———

The next morning Calum set his alarm for early and got up to make the kids some eggs and toast before school. Issac walked down before Alice and cj and sat at the table.

"What's this?"

"Food" cal answered while cleaning up a little

"Why?"

"Because I gotta feed my children." Issac nodded.

"Well I gotta go, I'm seeing mom." He grabbed a banana and stood up.

"No," cal gave him a look. "We talked about this. You're going to school. Also can't you eat what I made?"

"Uh, i'm not hungry, i'm not going to school and you can't do fuck to make me go." Issac rolled his eyes and walked out the front door.

Calum sighed. "Why do I even bother." As he was cleaning up a few things Alice walked down the stairs. Cal: eat what you want, not like I've been up since five to get you fed or anything." He sat on the couch. "want me to drive you to school?" Alive nodded as cj got to the bottom of the stairs.

"No I'm meeting a friend." He said and walked out the front door without having breakfast.

"Cuz fuck school right!?" Cal sighed. "I'll be at the car in a second."

Cal drove his daughter to school that morning and dropped her off. Right after that he headed over to mitchys house for some....stress relief...

He didn't exactly get what he was in the mood for though