10

Calum woke up the next morning by sitting up quickly, gasping and sweating.

Hazel woke up right after that and noticed how Calum looked, she rubbed his back gently asking if he needed any water

"Where's my phone?!" He looked around frantically. Hazel handed it to him and immediately he dialed his sons number and raced himself to the twins room...they were both still asleep.

Issac answered the phone as cal sighed in relief at the sight of his twins.

"Hello?"

"Are you okay?!" He closed the door and walked downstairs, fully prepared to rush to where issac was the second he said he needed him

"Yeah why?"

Cal sighed again. "Good okay...want me to pick you up?"

"No I'm good. Thanks anyways." And he hung up.

"Good morning." Hazel wrapped her arms around cal from behind."

"Morning."

"You okay?"

"Just had a nightmare." He nodded

"I'm sorry." Hazel wiped his tears off his face. "Want me to make you breakfast?" Cal nodded

After breakfast Alice and cj left for school and Calum
Informed hazel that he was going to stay with Mitchy for a few days.

———

The second mitch opened the door cal wrapped his arms around him and held tightly onto him

"Woah, you okay?" Mitch asked while wrapping his arms around Calum who just hugged him tighter

"Don't let go."

"I won't." Be closed the door with his foot and walked himself and Calum over to the couch where they sat down together. Cal relaxed right away. "What happened today?"

"Just had a bad dream and woke up kinda freaked out."

"About what?"

"The kids...you...hazel..."

"What about us?"

"You all got kidnapped and seriously hurt and...I was left all alone.."

"We're all here." He frowned. "No need to worry."

"I need all of you."

"I think in a way....you have to choose between hazel and I. This isn't fair to either of us."

Calum shook his head. "I can't make a choice like that."

"I can't be with you Calum. Not when I know you've got something going on with her too."

"Don't leave me."

"I'll still be your friends but I-I can't kiss you...I can't love you the way you want me to. You need to work on yourself."

"No, I need you!"

"But you need her too." He sighed. "It always goes and comes back to hazel, we both know that."

"I didn't ask her to come back and want me! I hate that!" Calum sat up, he wasn't relaxed anymore

"So then be with me, stay with me here."

"My fucking kids, Mitchy! I have to be with them!"

Mitchy moved away from cal. "We should break up....just until you figure out what you really truly want..."

"No..." Calum stood up. "You....I.....I have to go."

"I'll walk you out." Mitch stood up."

"No dont." Cal left, slamming the door behind him. He got in his car and drove for a long time, although he didn't know where he was driving too

Eventually he ended up at a hotel about an hour out of town. he checked in and settled into a room, all by himself...well I guess nightmares are real sometimes

———

Cal stayed at the hotel for three nights and then headed home to make sure everything was okay. He hadn't actually slept for most of the nights, he didn't wanna have any more nightmares.

When he got home he went inside and a sleepy hazel greeted him.

"I moved all my stuff out of your room into the spare...the kids helped me."

"Oh."

"I think I just gotta stop trying to be with you, ya know?"

Calum didn't even seem to feel a thing when she said that, other than disgust at this point. He shook his head and sighed. "We're not talking about this now."

"Alright...I hope you and Mitchy work things out. I'll go get the kids from school."

"Really!?" Cal started fuming. "He fucking broke up with me because of you!"

"O-oh...I'm sorry...." she looked down at her feet.

"Whatever, I don't care anymore."

The two of them made a sorta silent agreement. Hazel headed back upstairs and Calum went to get the kids from school.

Later, Calum decided to take a walk which lasted about an hour and when he got back hazel and Cj had gone out for a while. They got back and hazel sat next to cal on the couch where he sat watching tv. He sighed.

"Do you love me?" Hazel asked.

"I don't think I love anyone like that anymore."

"I wish we could go back to high school, back to when we were happy.."

"Would you do anything different?" She nodded.

"I'd be better to you...I'd try harder to make you happy." Calum nodded. "Would you?"

"I dunno..." he shrugged

"I'm sorry I ruined a lot of things for you."

"It's in the past."

"You could have been happy...if I had stayed away you'd be okay."

"Don't say that."

"Why did you fuck me?"

"Uh...you wanted me to..and I was turned on so..."

"I don't wanna make you though. If you don't wanna then just say so." She shrugged

"I wanted to."

"It was just in the moment, right?"

"I guess so."

"I thought so." Calum sighed. "I miss you."

"I know."

"Do you miss me?"

"I miss what we had."

"We could try again..."

"Is that a good idea?" hazel bit her lip and shook her head slowly.

"I'll just pack my things and go back to my place.."

"But-"

"No that's what's best...."

And yeah...maybe that's what was best...but it was hard...and Calum didn't want to be alone. He never wanted to be alone and now it seemed that within 24 hours he had become alone. Sure he had his kids but they would rather do anything else than comfort their weird old dad.